www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

We all know it can never be too hot to throw 18 holes, but how cold does it have to be before you don't get out on the course?

I've never had the opportunity here in Florida to experience sub-freezing temps for very long, but I have snowboarded in the 20's. But Disc golf, I've never been that cold!!!

Tags: Hot, cold

Views: 55

Replies to This Discussion

I just tried to get in a few holes at 3:30 in the middle of Texas with a norther coming in. I made it 3 holes. Temp. 45 with light rain and wind chill at about 25. Too cold to golf. Fingers failed.
C'mon are ya junkies or what!!!! Its never to cold for disc golf, I think you both have to move to MI for a couple of winters and get some cold weather endurance training.

Larry, I thought Texans were tough c'mon!!!! lol

larry mann said:
I just tried to get in a few holes at 3:30 in the middle of Texas with a norther coming in. I made it 3 holes. Temp. 45 with light rain and wind chill at about 25. Too cold to golf. Fingers failed.
That's the kind of answer I'm looking for!!!!
It's supposed to be 16F in Spokane,Wa on Sunday.....I'll be tryin' to fit 2 rounds in. I don't care if it's snowing...I need to hear chains...
Never ever to cold. Was just out playin in the back.
20 years ago, I would get together with the same group of guys, and every Friday night, we would play a round of 18 hole object golf at Audobon Park in Garland, TX, then go eat at El Fenix. In the winter of 1988-89, one Friday night it was in the single digits, and the wind chill was -20F. We covered every part of exposed skin we could find, piled in the Metcalf Van, drove over to hole #1, and played a hole, just so we could say we did.

That would have been cold in ND, but in TX it was absolutely brutal. The only skin claimed on that hole was the one we scraped off of one of the frostbitten players.
Couldn't agree more Bryce, I haven't even seen a temperatue listed on here that is too cold for us Michiganders.

Bryce aka Hardcore Hyzer said:
C'mon are ya junkies or what!!!! Its never to cold for disc golf, I think you both have to move to MI for a couple of winters and get some cold weather endurance training.

Larry, I thought Texans were tough c'mon!!!! lol

larry mann said:
Well, it's 14 degrees here in Chicago, with the windchill it probably feels around 5 or 7 degrees out there. Too cold? Heck NO! I am getting some food in my belly, maybe some hot cocoa in a thermos, dressed and out I go to throw. I dont believe it would ever be to cold to throw, maybe some severe temps. in Alaska or something but, in the states, naw. There have actually been days in the summer time where i have decided against throwing. The humidity out here kills me, i sweat easily and once i start it doesnt stop till after a shower. I guess I am a cold blooded person. I can layer up for winter but cant bust out the birthday suit in the summertime, you know what i mean?
Ok.....I was on the course on Sat. and it was 0F and bareable. It was -10 on Sun. and everybody else pussed out. I wasn't too disapointed.
I'll go for that!!! I have yet to be too cold to throw...but what do I know...I Live in Florida!!!

Mark Stephens said:
Played a whole tournament with below 0 wind chills...

I move to revoke all members of this club that think that temperatures in the 20s is too cold.

They can start a new club, "Disc Golf Fans As Long As the Weather is Nice."

; )
As long as they still make hand warmers, I'll be golfing !!!
I agree w/ Gabe, The humidity in July will tear me up worse than the cold of winter!! Go getcha some wool socks and start slingin' those dishes!!!! ... and hope they don't shatter!!!
I threw a practice round before a Ice burrrrge tourney last year (07) gusts were up to 40mph and with the wind chill it was a whopping -35 deg. After nine holes of being the ONLY one on the course about 5 cars pulled up and the locals had their sunday dub's leauge,.. I joined them and played cali.. won nothing but bragging right's for playing on one of the coldests days of that winter.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968