www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

We all know it can never be too hot to throw 18 holes, but how cold does it have to be before you don't get out on the course?

I've never had the opportunity here in Florida to experience sub-freezing temps for very long, but I have snowboarded in the 20's. But Disc golf, I've never been that cold!!!

Tags: Hot, cold

Views: 55

Replies to This Discussion

Bryce aka Hardcore Hyzer said:
C'mon are ya junkies or what!!!! Its never to cold for disc golf, I think you both have to move to MI for a couple of winters and get some cold weather endurance training.

Larry, I thought Texans were tough c'mon!!!! lol

larry mann said:
I just tried to get in a few holes at 3:30 in the middle of Texas with a norther coming in. I made it 3 holes. Temp. 45 with light rain and wind chill at about 25. Too cold to golf. Fingers failed.
Josiah said:
C'mon are ya junkies or what!!!! Its never to cold for disc golf, I think you both have to move to MI for a couple of winters and get some cold weather endurance training.

larry mann said:
I just tried to get in a few holes at 3:30 in the middle of Texas with a norther coming in. I made it 3 holes. Temp. 45 with light rain and wind chill at about 25. Too cold to golf. Fingers failed.
Seriously if its not super windy who cares how cold it is! If you have the rite gear it is so much fun!
Its really never to cold to play just bundle up when i was living in Ohio i playedwith snow half way up to my knees i couldnt really move to well but i still played at least 3 times a week in the winter. Now i live in cali and the only thing we have to deal with is the crappy rain.
Playing a round tomorrow here in Kansas City. There is already a few inches of snow on the ground and there is supposed to be freezing rain tomorrow. Temp in the teens. But after the first 4 holes your so numb you don't feel it anymore.

By the way, anyone found any winter gloves that work good for disc golf? Either full finger ones or finger cut offs? Maybe I'll start another post about it.
i played on dec19 20 degrees baby never to cold to disc golf ice bowl is coming up in feb gotta get use to it
I'm in Northern Michigan and a few weeks ago our normal crew decided to wait until about 11 and give the sun a chance to warm the air a little. We tee'd off at 8 degrees but a couple of friends had just finished there round and said it was neg 8 when they started. That is real... No wind chill factor there.

I've had disc's hit a tree and totally split right down the middle because of the cold but I don't care. Must throw or be sad.
January 2008 I played 9 holes in -2 degrees. Hole 8 Tee pad was on top of a 150 ft hill on a 400 ft. hole the wind was frostbite cold on the face. That is why we played 1 round. Central Park in Brooklyn Park, MN.
hello this is mkurtz
the temperature is important for comfort etc. but the traction is really the most important thing , i think, right now in central iowa the ground has 2 or 3 inches of snow covered by a glaze of ice. i tried to keep the tee pads clear but, now i have to basically stand in one spot to throw to minimize falling down. walking through this crusty snow really wears you down but right now i am playing just for the exercise.
mike kurtz
Josiah said:

larry mann said:
the only thing that's been keeping me home is the record snowfall, not as fun trying to walk through hip deep snow.Other than that I'm out there,think of the ice bowl motto "no wimps no whiners" besides is'nt this club for those of us that are totally addicted to this great sport? so, man up or go do the dishes.
no less than 63, funny tho, Im about to take a road trip on sunday from Clearwater FL, to East hampton CT, its probably gonna go below that and I plan on bringing my bag and looking for a course or two
no less than 63 and your calling yourself a junkie ... booooo booooo lol

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968