www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm curious as to how everyone did the first pdga sanctioned event you played in. Were you just starting out as novice? Or had you been playing casual for years like me, and finally decided to play in one? I played in my first this past saturday, Checkered Flag Open. I finished 8th out of 14 in adv. grand master. I wish they had an intermediate grand master, I'd have tried that.

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My first tourney was the 2008 Homer City Championship, after the two rounds I was tied for first and parked the first playoff hole for the victory.  It felt really good.  In my second tourney I think I finished 13 of 16.
I was sixteen when i entered my first tournament, It was the farm classic up at flip city, and having only played for 2 years, i decided to play am3, i ended up getting 8th out of 36 people, and i was dang happy. I beleive that i got about 52 dollars in funny money

1986 Bart open - 4th.amateur.  Why did I answer this? Do I get a prize?

4th tour. - 1st. open. pro div. was called pro. And yes I turned pro after 4 ama. tours.

no, no prizes, just curious.....kinda neat to see the different results. Apparently everyone on here plays better than I do....Throws farther, putts better....Why was it I play?......Oh, because it's fun!

i finished 3rd from last, above my little brother and a DNF in int division. i think about 20 people or so.

2 months later i finished 6th out of 38 in int. (this year i took 1st at the same tournament and have decided to move up to advanced)

2 months later 1st out of 14 in int.

Played my first tourney in Feb. for the ice bowl after playing off and on for 18 yrs.  Wasn't sure what division to play so I played in rec. Finished 1st out of 17 and won by by 6 strokes.  Have not played one since but will play in int. next time. Being called a bagger, not so fun.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968