www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am 26 in my 3rd year of playing and getting quite good I will be going pro next year after playing am worlds this year and I just wanted know how to gain sponsorships for playing disc golf anyone with ideas please let me know Pro's I'm lookin mostly at you or anyone else with knowlege

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Turn Pro and dominate. Show infinite class. Promote the game. If you do all of this well enough you won't even have to apply just choose between the competing offers.
But, Mark, how did you get sponsorship without doing any of what you listed? :)
"But, Mark, how did you get sponsorship without doing any of what you listed? :)

illBay urnsBay,
ouldcay ouyay leasepay eepkay histay tuffsay rivatepay?

I sort of implied to my sponsor that I was doing some these things. Or in vague, non-specific ways, all of them or I was about to get around to doing them. Soon. No reason to discuss the details here.
What Mark said! Put yourself out there and you will be noticed. Ask Dave Feldberg, or Avery Jenkins, they are both from the town I live in and are now very well known and very well sponsored!
___Tab
sweeet that stuff i can do
Research all the companies that have teams or sponsor players (there are quite a few besides the big 3)
Most sponsor ams and pros. Then start contacting them and sell yourself.
If you just want to play and Tour and are looking for some sponsor help, you better be reallly realllly good! If your willing to Sell Discs, Host booths, Spend alot of time online and work for almost nothing but love it becuase disc golf is your life...then simply contact the right people...and start by proving that your good at promoting the sport andtheir product and hope for the best.
On another note, alot of sponsors like regional domination even if your not touring, so if you would win consistenly at a local level, like 5 out of 8 tournaments in a region then you can sometimes gain interest from the sponsors and get some sort of minimal sponsorship deal.
Good Luck!
You do have to live somewhere they have a big enough golf scene. Our sponsors give to the tournaments and not to a specific person, I think this is better, helps golf grow not golfers grow.
You will not be noticed by any sponsors until you are dominating the advanced or pro division, unless you are referred by your dad who sells thousands of discs for a major manufacturer. My friend started playing in 2002, and has always inreased his player rating. Now has a 997 rating, and the sponsors have told him that he is too old for them to sponsor at 39years old. This discouragement will push him into the Masters division where he will win most of the time, even though he is good enough to win open. That is ok, because in this area, Pro Masters Division is larger and has a higher payout than Pro Open.

You will not get Manufacturer sponsorship until after you have local sponsors, and have over 1000 rating. You are better off trying to get sponsorship from your local vendor, or a sympathetic employer that thinks disc golf is cool. Vendors are the way to get manufacturer sposorship. If you kicka$$, and the local vendor notices, he may let his favorite supplier know. You have to outgrow your vendor, or have a rating over 1020 to get noticed.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968