www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I can't ! I hate winter, I need some disc golfing, and our local course is wide open so it's buried in snow.

What can I do ?

Tags: boredom, hibernation, sleeping, winter

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you go disc anyways. i go like twice a week still plus im in the winter league here at my home course. we meet every sunday at 10am no matter what the weather is, ive already played in 20-30 mile per hour winds and 2-3 feet of snow.
Grow a pair and git out there!!
this year I'll either sit at home or tuck the pair under my hat since we got 6 ft. of snow in the past 3-4 weeks.

Derek said:
Grow a pair and git out there!!
this is how I cope with winter... I play disc golf. Mid Michigan in the winter, can't be better.
I bought rubber boots, and waterproof pants, hat, coat. I'm out there in the pouring rain in Eugene, Oregon. Cold and wet, but lots of fun :)
Well, I have a couple of suggestions.... First, you could move from Mt. Pleasant to some place warm. I know it sounds like a long and drawn out process. It probably is, but I wouldn't know because I play in the snow. Ice bowls, TITS series, putting practice, driving practice, etc. Second, you could put a basket in your basement if you can't deal with the snow.
If my first two suggestions don't help, maybe you should just go out with some day-glow champion discs and some long johns and try to play that CMU course you have up there. I promise that when spring comes you will be a better golfer and you will have an entire new appreciation for the sport. Maybe I'll see you at the J-Bird open this summer.
If you are looking to keep warm while playing in the winter, I would suggest cold gear compression Under Armor. In the winter I wear this under a sweatshirt, and throw on a beanie. Its great because it acts as a second skin and doesn't affect my motion very much. You want to dress so you are a little cold just standing still, so that when you are trudging through the snow you warm up and don't get too hot. This of course only keeps you warm during the cold months of Michigan winters and wont help with the large amounts of snow northern Michigan can get. If the snow gets deep enough that I have to search for each disc I throw I will skip the round and go to my backyard for putting practice instead.
It was 70 today down here on the coast of NC, shot -5 too. Of course it's supposed to get colder towards the end of the week.
Live in Florida.
You people that live in Florida or other warm places are lame. Don't know that you can call yourself a die hard disc golfer unless you've played disc in below zero temperatures on multiple occasions. Last year when it hit -7 I went and played because that was warm compared to the -20s and -40 in the previous few weeks!
Was born and raised in the Great Northeast.
Know about the cold all to well.
Only really miss the logs cracking in the fireplace, not my bones from the cold.

Jayne said:
You people that live in Florida or other warm places are lame. Don't know that you can call yourself a die hard disc golfer unless you've played disc in below zero temperatures on multiple occasions. Last year when it hit -7 I went and played because that was warm compared to the -20s and -40 in the previous few weeks!
Put on more clothing and go out in it. Pretty simple.
K.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968