www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I can't ! I hate winter, I need some disc golfing, and our local course is wide open so it's buried in snow.

What can I do ?

Tags: boredom, hibernation, sleeping, winter

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ahh, once you get some layers on and go out there it's not bad at all. I usually end up sweating and dropping layers after 3-4 holes. Nothing like really feeling like a disc golf addict when you're out in over a foot of snow, shoveling the tee pads! I was playing in well over a foot of snow two weeks ago before some of it melted, still 8-10" now.
Hand warmers, correct number of layers, and proper footwear. Of course, with your favorite beverage!
LAYERS for sure. Playing in the elements helps me with my game because a steady hand is a must when trying to gain footing on an ice ridden tee-pad. I try to get out at least twice a week. I live in Kalamazoo, MI. We are lucky to have odd weather. For example it rained yesterday. So today, NO SNOW! But it is cold. I layer up and launch em. Get out there and keep an eye on your disc and it will be as fulfilling as any other discing day.
what winter? we played doubles yesterday and it was around 60.., I love the south.
What winter? Three of us played at -15 wind chills in the Twin Cities. We love the snow. ;-)
oh no your course is buried in snow!!! i hope you can make it til the weather is just right for you, then you'll be able to play until it gets too hot!

all jokes aside you are a whimp. if you don't want to be a whimp anymore then get a little cold and wet. otherwise whine away while we all get that much better.
Do like I did and move to Clearwater, FL where there is no winter...it was 80 here today.....play golf every day...
Long Johns for sure with multiple layers of clothes, hand warmers and good socks and boots. Always have extra socks in case they get wet. Wet feet=cold feet. Play Disc Golf all year long. No fair weather players here.
The absolutely best part of throwing in the winter is NO LINES.
Always have to have a snowbird comment from some spoiled bragger from FL! I'm jealous.

Max Cannon said:
Do like I did and move to Clearwater, FL where there is no winter...it was 80 here today.....play golf every day...
How do I cope? Live in Florida.
Haha. Agreed with Chuck Kennedy. Us Minnesotans aren't afraid of winter! A few weeks back, people couldn't even get up to the parking lot in the park because the hill going up to the parking lot was all iced over. When that's the case, we park down on the road and walk up. Nothing stops us from playing (ok, maybe lightning and tornado sirens). We have been averaging around 50 at our weekly Saturday winter singles league, the ChillyDog We even get out for rec rounds on occasion. We have at least 2 singles leagues, one being night golf. We also have a dubs league, andChuck just started up the first ever Super Class league!

Wear layers. If the snow is wet, throw on some gore-tex or other waterproof pants! This also allows one to slide down hills on a disc without getting wet. Let your discs sit outside to acclimatize before you play so that the snow won't stick.

How I cope? I hang out at my buddy's disc golf store, Fairway Flyerz, chat with him and my other friends that come to hang out, and putt on any of his 10 or so baskets until my heart is content!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968