www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Disc golf is new to the area where I live. Our first local course was opened in 2010.

Last year I got involved in starting a local club with a bag tag. This year we hosted 4 tournaments and had over 60 players compete in our bag-tag challenge.  However, there is one player who I am pretty sure is cheating!

Early in the summer I played a bag-tag round where I was in a foursome with him, where he kept score.  I was having a good round and was sure I was winning the card.  When we got to the last hole he announced the score and was four strokes ahead of me.  I thought it was strange seeing as how he really hadn’t had a good tee shot and had spent a lot of time in the ruff.  Since then I have been on the same card with him several times (none of which did he keep score) and have had questions about the scores he claims for at least 2 holes a round.

It’s not just me I’ve spoken to others who have the same opinion after playing with him.  Plus, during a tournament in which I was the TD, 3 players who were the same card as him in different rounds stated that they really doubted he had shot as well as the scores he turned in. However no one was willing to swear to the fact.  He ended up winning his division. 

My question is how much proof is needed and how can the proof be obtained to prove that he is cheating?  What action should we take to stop his cheating?

Tags: cheat, keeping, score

Views: 505

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Go Pro camera.

hell any smartphone for that matter

It's still overkill.

PDGA Marshal walks with the group...

Have Anyone , Make sure this Guy Attends Every Players Meeting and Have the TD Point out , No Cheating and have this guy walk up to the Front where the TD is speaking !   If Caught , have him DQ'd !!!

Fortunately, I've never ran across someone like that, but I would say that you just have to watch him like a hawk, and politely correct him when he gives an incorrect score.If everyone in the group agrees about the scores he cannot complain about it.

Honestly i'd tell him quit being a little B!tch and lying and whining when caught but who am I to judge... lol

we used to have a guy like this and eventually the word got around that everyone knew he was a cheater and he just stop playing becuase everyone knew he cheated, kind of hard to look someone in the eye when you got a rep. like that.

Take four pebbles of similar size and four post it notes with you to the next tourney. One at a time, remove a valve stem and put one of the pebbles inside. Screw the cap back on until you hear a light hissing sound. Write "Cheaters never prosper" on the post it notes then put them on each tire. Do all four tires.

Have the TD , Point him out at the Players Meeting !!! So Everyone will know , not to trust him !!!  That usually stops any problem right away !!

I had the same thing happen to me this weekend at a tournament, we all said the scores aloud at the end of each hole, he was keeping score the entire time which isn't a big deal usually, but at the end of the first round he magically tied with me... I seen holes that I know he 5-ed or 6-ed and he wrote down one stroke better than what he got on those holes, I talked to the TD and all he could do is give him a warning... My recommendation is to keep score on a separate card from now on... lesson learned here... I kicked his a$$ in the second round so no worries...

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968