www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

By that I mean someone who throws more than 1 disc into the basket. They piss me off because they slow down my group. I think if they want to practice then they should go to a practice hole.

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When it is slowing down the groups behind it irritates me to no end. But then again, no harm no foul, if it isn't hurting any one go for it.
the only time i play multiple disc is when there is no one else playing behind me playing. and when they have come up behind me i go back to throwing just one disc.
every hole on every course is a practice hole. instead of being all pissed off either step up and tell them, skip the hole, or quit whining. some people aren't as good as you may be? and need practice. learn some tolerance or go to anger management. what bothers is someone standing by the tee box all pissed off, rushing me, whether or not i re-tee on a hole. ask to play through. they will step aside and let you hole out. wow. communication. yeah if the putt is in move on, but. i don't think i've ever seen someone make a putt and then putt again. though it may have happened while i wasn't watching i have to ask, "who cares?"
I personally play at a very busy 9 hole course in Eugene, OR. I throw my whole bag and happily let people play through. I throw every disc in my bag and then I throw 100 putts at that basket. One round and your good and warmed up. Next time, I do it all over again, but left handed. Try it sometime it will do wonders for your game. I'm starting to get these weird thoughts, that shots are looking easier left handed rather than forehand. Which has long been my bread and butter. Peace

Andrew Rich
very interesting

Pure Disc Golf dot Com said:
I personally play at a very busy 9 hole course in Eugene, OR. I throw my whole bag and happily let people play through. I throw every disc in my bag and then I throw 100 putts at that basket. One round and your good and warmed up. Next time, I do it all over again, but left handed. Try it sometime it will do wonders for your game. I'm starting to get these weird thoughts, that shots are looking easier left handed rather than forehand. Which has long been my bread and butter. Peace

Andrew Rich
Phenomianl idea for any hole that isnt blind. Around here we have a problem of people picking up discs on the blind holes. I usually go in the morning and empty my bag on most holes as well. If someone comes they play through. It isnt that hard to play through on someone. I agree with Jason's hostility on this one. Some people are out to practice and not to do a round as quick as they can.

Pure Disc Golf dot Com said:

Andrew Rich
dude, get over it. playing a casual round IS PRACTICE!
I think what is annoying James is legitimate if he is playing with a group that he intends on finishing with. I think better ettiquette is to ask the other players in the group if they mind you throwing another disc off the tee. Extra putts because you missed and you know that you should have made it are annoying in a semi-formal type group.

So, my answer is that it varies with different circumstances. In any of them though, communication is key. Take the initiative to either ask them to stop (politely: "Do you mind only putting once?"), or to ask to play through. Don't just stew in your juice the whole round.
As long as someone isn't waiting right behind me I throw multiples. When someone catches up I let them play through.
If no one's around i throw a couple if people or behind me i let them play though
If you want to play fast you should go on the off peak hours for your course, early morning, weekday afternoons, less than perfect weather, or not with a group (people are more likely to ask you to play through). Anytime I play on weekends or late afternoons, especially with a group, I plan on being held up and possibly waiting on every tee, that way it is no surprise when it happens. It can really help your tournament mindset to not be frustrated by waiting. At worlds I waited for 20-30 minutes on one hole, can you imagine how frustrated the rest of that round would have been if I let that eat me up?
We have a park here that has maybe 10 trees with 18 holes. Most are 275 holes. I generally take friends that are just getting into the game so they don't have to worry about trees or distance. On hole #11....420ft is outside their range....and mine...but I tell them to empty their bags and we go over some technique...I tend to load their bags down from my trunk and we may have 5 people in the group with 20 discs each.

It is funny when people walk up and I say, "why don't you guys play thru"...and they look out on this wide open hole with 100 discs laying everywhere...some long...some in the middle...some short....on the right, left and middle...it is a dizzying array of colors...and most simply walk around to the next hole. :) Would that make you mad?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968