www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

By that I mean someone who throws more than 1 disc into the basket. They piss me off because they slow down my group. I think if they want to practice then they should go to a practice hole.

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brandon opined: "Not to rag on you specifically, but the acronyms LHFH and RHBH drive me crazy, especially when there are multiples/sentence. Isn't it a little redundant? I think we should shorten them to LB, LF, RB, and RF?"

So why is the linebacker playing left field and the running back in right field?
clearly bad form...
I have to agree with the most. If there is no one behind you, no harm no foul, and throw another one. Now when it starts to back up play, then yes it is a problem. However, if its a tourney, then count the strokes...LOL

I am one of those that throw more than one disc should the shot require it. Like, when its a first time shot or lie that you have to deal with. Gotta try the different ways. Practice is good. Let a second one fly, and even a third.
Much like other people I have no problem with it unless there are people behind me waiting to play...the course I play at a lot in San Luis Obispo is a small 9 hole one and people are always hanging around the basket messing around which pisses me off. If someone is waiting to tee off, don't throw a sh*t ton of discs and move to the next hole.
The only problem i have with multiples is when my buddy decides to toss a couple extras when i am walking up to the basket to clear mine, usually ending with a miraculous dodging of a disc, and then a laugh, and then he says "FORE"
mark ellis said:
Brandon opined: "Not to rag on you specifically, but the acronyms LHFH and RHBH drive me crazy, especially when there are multiples/sentence. Isn't it a little redundant? I think we should shorten them to LB, LF, RB, and RF?"

So why is the linebacker playing left field and the running back in right field?

Curse the other sports for taking all the good acronyms. Personall, I don't want any random linebackers out on the course. Clearly these afforementioned football players are mentally deviant if they are positioning themselves on a baseball field. It's only a matter of time before they suit up on the links. I fear it might end up a little like the NHL's marketing campaign where a guy is lining up to putt while the announcer respectfully speaks in a soft voice. He's about to tap his birdie when out of nowhere a hockey player checks him into oblivion from offscreen.

"Disc golf would be better...if it were football."
hey now,so many acronyms.I thought using short hand so many years back was confusing.Throw your red chaleenge flag.

Brandon Swanson said:
mark ellis said:

Curse the other sports for taking all the good acronyms. Personall, I don't want any random linebackers out on the course. Clearly these afforementioned football players are mentally deviant if they are positioning themselves on a baseball field. It's only a matter of time before they suit up on the links. I fear it might end up a little like the NHL's marketing campaign where a guy is lining up to putt while the announcer respectfully speaks in a soft voice. He's about to tap his birdie when out of nowhere a hockey player checks him into oblivion from offscreen.

It is going to take some time to adjust to throwing in a helmet and shoulder pads. The black grease under the eyes will be cool, though. Then there are the cheerleaders.....

Brandon Swanson said:
hey now,perhaps limiting the cheerleaders to the 1st and 18th baskets would keep the distraction away from throwing,hmm,maybe not.Wearing the helmet with face/eye guard might help while in the rough.

mark ellis said:
It is going to take some time to adjust to throwing in a helmet and shoulder pads. The black grease under the eyes will be cool, though. Then there are the cheerleaders.....

Brandon Swanson said:
I like to play two rounds at once if I'm alone.
But most often when I see someone throw a second disc at the basket it's because they missed an easy one and they are pissed.
mellow...find peace
I'm guilty of this , but I always let other's play through if they are behind me. Most of the time I'm lucky enough to have the course to myself, or at least be far enough ahead or behind anyone to slow them down. Recently while playing around with my friend, we let a couple of guy play through, and what did they do.....TROW MULTIPLE SHOTS.!! You've got to be courteous to others, that's what it all boils down to.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968