www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

at zboaz in fort worth texas, there are several pins that have broken pieces of pvc pipe stuck in the bottom of them. this is a pain in the a$$. sucks having alternates that you cannot use because of some acehole hooligans. i am a plumber, so i have knowledge of the tools and materials, i just cant wrap my brain around any good solutions...

Views: 162

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the main problem is that the od of the pvc is very close to the id of the sleeve, making it fit pretty tight. never thought of the hook idea, it might work. also the pipe is way in the bottom of the sleeve because someone (me) didnt realize it was in there and mashed it down with the basket.....
not sure if this would work in this application, but in my every day life this could save me oh so many man hours

charles lignos said:
I'm also a plumber. Jones-Stephens Co. makes a drill bit that drills out different sizes of pvc out of fittings. They are in all the supply houses down here in southwest alabama. This would be a perfect one time purchase for you that you might have to use again one day and i don't think the individual bits are that expensive.
mothergoose said:
the main problem is that the od of the pvc is very close to the id of the sleeve, making it fit pretty tight. never thought of the hook idea, it might work. also the pipe is way in the bottom of the sleeve because someone (me) didnt realize it was in there and mashed it down with the basket.....

If it's that tight and way down at the bottom, it ain't coming out.....dig it up already! Dig new hole with post hole diggers as close as possible to the old. 1 60# bag of sacrete...be done with it. But.... if you know the soil is sandy and the piece isn't that long, drive that puppy farther into the ground...keep mashing...if it stops (hits hardpan or rock) then your digging.
i got it! i cut a 3/4" piece of galvanized pipe into a 45 on one end, then i put a cap on the the end and with a hammer i chipped the pvc into little pieces. then i hammered another piece of 11/2" galvanized pipe into the sleeve to mash the pieces into little bits. worked like a charm!

Jamie 'gr8rocshot' Ruane said:
mothergoose said:

If it's that tight and way down at the bottom, it ain't coming out.....dig it up already! Dig new hole with post hole diggers as close as possible to the old. 1 60# bag of sacrete...be done with it. But.... if you know the soil is sandy and the piece isn't that long, drive that puppy farther into the ground...keep mashing...if it stops (hits hardpan or rock) then your digging.
also, this is no sandy area. it would be a real bi*ch to dig another hole. there is no dirt at all, only one giant rock shelf. worth the effort for sure
a Flexible Spring Claw, should work fairly well, and you can get them at Sears for about $9.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00941322000P?vName=Tools

For the intact pieces that you cant pull out with the Flexible claw a tapered drill bit or tapered reamers would work well.
You the man
Yeah I hear ya! when all else fails...get bigger hammer! lol!

Rock shelf makes for not so easy dig'n. The pvc must have been thin walled? and brittle to mash into little bits.

How many placemants need help?
This happened at our local course due to a fabrication mistake by Innova. Were these Innova Discatcher's? The collars and baskets were larger than the pole leaving a couple mm of play. They sent us metal shims for the baskets (pain in the ars to install) and thin walled plastic sleeves for the bases. They were a tight fit, and once the baskets went into a collar, they were super tough to get out(requires a lot of twisting). Of course, we put all 18 on and then when we wanted to move basket positions decided to take all 18 off! The plastic sleeves that stayed in the collars were hard to remove, so (back to the point) we heated an additional pole with a blow torch and twisted it down into place (let the plastic melt onto it) and then twist it opposite way to remove.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968