www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

today my friends disc was about the width of a mini dry , the rest was all in the water, he claimed that since you could put a mini totally behind the disc he was alright, my other friend said that if you touch it down and more then half is wet then its o.b , my friend would not take the stroke.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you push down and it is completely surrounded by water, then it is o.b. If even a sliver is touching dry ground...it is safe!
i've always heard thats its only O.B if the entire disc is surrounded by water, otherwise play on
According to PDGA rulings the entire disc must be beyond the boundary lines.
so my friend with 3 inches of disc lying on the shore and the rest in the water , was safe... hmm
Grog said:
According to PDGA rulings the entire disc must be beyond the boundary lines.

I think that's right: you would not be penalized, and you might even get 1 meter of relief to move your lie away from the "unplayable" (but still in-bounds) lie.

Anybody please correct me if I'm wrong.
yes Im sure of the meter rule, just wasnt sure on where it needed to lie
any part of the disc inbounds is safe!
As stated above if any of the disc is not in the OB water then it is in bounds and you get up to 1 meter releif perpendicular to the hazard. Sometimes when the disc is near the edge it is difficult to tell if it is OB or not, I like to take a finger or a stick and push it in on the side where the disc looks good, if it goes into water it is OB, land then it is safe. Some folks are too lenient in my opinion a disc near a bank is touching a leaf which is touching the bank some will say safe or safe benefit of doubt goes to the player but if you push down on the leaf and it is water underneath then it is OB. In your case should not really be an issue that disc is in!
yep, if any part is touching dry land, the disc in in-bounds wiht no penalty.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968