www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

My wife takes a lot of pictures for our local events which I post here. She even has one in the Innova catalog from an event in Debary, FL. Yes, I am very proud that she had one selected.

I was just wondering about how everyone likes their pictures taken while throwing.

I prefer shots with the player, the disc in the air, with maybe the basket in the foreground or background.

Does it matter if others players are in the shot?

Long distance, close ups?

From behind, front or side of player?

Any and all input is welcome. Thanks.

Tags: photography, pictures

Views: 214

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I prefer mine medium rare, with a touch of garlic.....Action photo's are the best.
I always liked the front view, like the camera is about to get destroyed. Only issue with that is seeing someone on your line of play.

Caught 'expressive' body extension with the disc in the air. Also really like the scenery existing around the shot.

Unfortunately, you can't really 'stage' your photo.

You have to let them happen in front of you, sports photos especially.

You have to try different camera angles, close ups, zooms, in front, behind, side, etc.

Once you get the 'feel' for what works, after trial and error you will know.

Sorry but experience teaches this. Go to sports magazines and look at what is out there.

Stand on top of what you can to elevate you.... 

And take lots of them, in art school was taught to 'waste' film, back then we used film. Got to be very expensive, but then again so was art school.

I think as long as they "Look" like they captured the moment that was happening, it is a GREAT photo. Whether an action, landscape, disc mid air coming at the camera, etc. If it looks in the moment and NOT like it was staged, I LOVE it.
Gotta have the disc in the air...
It's always cool getting the 'focus' shot...

I really like this one.  Terry took a picture of me during the "B Rock Open"  I didn't even know a picture was being taken so there was no posing etc.  Everything was natural.  Every one that I know loves to have their picture taken during an event, and they like it to be action.  But I noticed that many people tend to try and pose for the picture versus being natural and just play.

A good photographer needs to be some where far away with a good lens and take natural action pictures without players knowing.

Any natural,not staged shot. Player just before his/her release if not blurred,random shots of individual/group all in their natural stage of  before/during/after throw or walking to/from baskets.Wildlife/scenery of dg course,sunset shots,early am pictures when the dg course is still"waking up" to the days ahead.

Flight of any disc in air is freedom,bending air.

drives are nice when you get the disc in the picture .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968