www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

At the USDGC this year the TD wanted to have a rules exception that would create a putting circle around the basket 1.5 meters out. If your disc landed within this radius then you would have to mark it somewhere along the circle creating a 5 foot putt instead of a drop in the reasoning being that a drop in is not a good golf shot and you can merely drop it in even place it in without a throw, that is somehow seen as wrong anyway what an absurd idea, really dumb, anyone care to defend the new proposed rule?

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

gotta be a joke!
I wasn't there at USDGC but, it sounds pretty dumb. Isn't the idea of an upshot to get it as close to the basket as possible?
idk. kind of stupid.
There's been discussion here and on the PDGA board about this 1.5m rule.

Yeah, that's a no.
Yawn!!!
IF this is true!!! Yea, sounds pretty dumb, but lets be honest, 1.5 meters is about 4 1/2 feet.
You have a problem making a 4 1/2 foot putt?
First of all we should clear up that this isn't an across board rule change....this was an rule exemption requested for a specific tournament.

It's a buncr with casual relief allowing some further latitude...i.e. your relief lie could be anywhere just outside the circle..option of moving to a tail wind putt if you wanted to.

Land in the 3m circle take a stance outside the circle 1.5m or approx 5 feet from the pole...the logic is forcing the player to somewhat propel the disc into the entrapment device....A 5 footer measured from the pole is pretty much still a gimme.
Here's the link to the PDGA boards disc-cussing this

http://www.pdga.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=1397487#post1397487
1.5 meters is still a gimme, but who cares if it isn't a "good golf shot"

What do they do in golf when your drive lands within 5 feet of the hole? nothing.
that is crackhead mentality.....the pro's play slow enough lets not add extra time needed to think about putting .also sounds like punishment for parking your upshot
I can assure you that the person who proposed this is no crackhead....I would suggest reading the forum in which it's discussed first before ragging on said person/TD's mentality....just a thought and just a opinion.
I wasnt calling the man a crackhead,its a term for a really dumb idea or stupid way of looking at things.i read the thread and its still a dumb idea ...whats next putting with your mini?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968