www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

At the USDGC this year the TD wanted to have a rules exception that would create a putting circle around the basket 1.5 meters out. If your disc landed within this radius then you would have to mark it somewhere along the circle creating a 5 foot putt instead of a drop in the reasoning being that a drop in is not a good golf shot and you can merely drop it in even place it in without a throw, that is somehow seen as wrong anyway what an absurd idea, really dumb, anyone care to defend the new proposed rule?

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

that is so stupid what kind of crap are they trying to pull
I think that it would not affect my game, i can never get within 5 feet anyway.
five ft. is no gimme in 35 mph Kansas winds.
Upside down turbo with a Champion Firebird...lol
...or just upside down...controlling or balancing a turbo might be pretty tough in that kind of wind.

Hypothetically...keep in mind....if you were to play on a course or in a tournament that implemented that flavor of buncr.....I believe you would have the option of relocating to anywhere just outside the circle.....not necessarily on the line of play...thus giving you the option of the tailwind putt. ; )
We all agree the TD has the "right" to do what they want. No matter how stupid it is.
That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life. I would laugh at the TD all the way to the car if they told me that was a rule. And if it became a PDGA rule, I'd never play a tournament again. I don't want to be associated with something that stupid "OH GREAT SHOT! Now move it back 5 feet."

And to the uptights. No, the potheads aren't keeping Disc Golf off TV folks, it's the lack of proper promotion to the general public. If it were potheads, the Miami Dolfins would never play on National TV (Ricky Williams - "I would rather smoke pot than play football." but yet he's back), nor the X-Games, Basketball, Baseball, Moto-X, Rap would have never made TV, etc etc etc. Hell, there would be no TV anymore. Mind your own business and it'll stop bothering you. I don't do drugs, but you know what? If someone does it's none of MY business so I ignore it, it effects my life none at all.

There are so many other things that could be changed about Disc Golf without being stupid. Stupid ruled make the game look Stupid. Personally I don't want this game to look stupid because some tard interjected a stupid rule into it. Maybe ball golf should do away with putting greens and make everyone chip into the hole because it looks cooler!
Another Joke for Disc Golf Players !
Well to me, disc golf is a sport of the people. I have played in many different tournaments and leagues that boasted their own share of strange and surprising rules. Even in a friendly scrimmage, my friends and I will invent rules to help even out our own playing field (etc: every hole is a par 3 regardless of difficulty; if there is an odd-man-out during a scramble match, he gets one mulligan per hole on any throw and can carry it over, never having more than two; if a drive strikes a tree and bounces back behind the tee pad, the thrower gets a “do-over”.) Heck, we even invent our own terminology (an earnie = a hard birdie or putt you will have to earn.)

The point is that disc golf is too young and has very few bureaucrats with deep pockets to tell us devoted-discers what to do. If I have to putt outside of a five foot ring to be the next Ken Climo, then so be it. But until then, I will just enjoy the sport.

FYI: I’m from GR, MI and I don’t know whether to laugh or be insulted about the “Grand Rapids Putt.”
play it where it lies. end of story
Actually, a disc is very rarely played where it lies. You may put a supporting point on the ground where the disc was, but the disc thrown for the next shot is usually about 3-4ft off of the ground when it is released.

There is nothing wrong with suggesting new ideas - that is called brainstorming. And there is nothing wrong with not liking a new idea - just make your thoughts known with grace and courtesy.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968