www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

At the USDGC this year the TD wanted to have a rules exception that would create a putting circle around the basket 1.5 meters out. If your disc landed within this radius then you would have to mark it somewhere along the circle creating a 5 foot putt instead of a drop in the reasoning being that a drop in is not a good golf shot and you can merely drop it in even place it in without a throw, that is somehow seen as wrong anyway what an absurd idea, really dumb, anyone care to defend the new proposed rule?

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So what you're suggesting is all of the naysayers here are sort of like the entrenched Wham-O bureaucracy who wouldn't invest in the creation of Innova when they had the chance 30 years ago?
I'm OK with this possible new rule . It would really help the speed of play.
The rule is dumb very dumb. Just like bunkers rewarding a bad shot. Dumb very Dumb. The USDGC is turning into something like PUTT-PUTT I'm waiting on the day we have to putt through a windmill or drive through a giant dinosour. LOL
I don't see why it matters who proposed this rule or what they have done in the past. A rule that makes no sense still makes no sense even if the great gods of disc golf themselves suggested it.

I find your post amusing, Mark. ;)
The Association of Disc Golf Players(ADGP) is in its infancy now. Soon their common sense approach will start a real traveling tour for the warm months. Get your courses fixed up and put in your bid to become a tour stop. I just don't see the current organization addressing the concerns of the players who would like to make a living on tour.
What would be fun, challenging and really tick off the masses.....would be the disappearing/reappearing basket....basket pops up...slides along a track...spins then disappears.....rinse...repeat lmao!!!

or how about the collapsing top assembly...hit it when it's open !!!!

Bahahahahahahaha!
According to some people those would all be good ideas if you had worked real hard for disc golf in the past.
Past, present and future my friend...just not on the national level.
I'm waiting for that day too! I'll make the 12 hour drive for that tournament that sounds awesome.
When you spin my swinging basket, the chains will whap 90% of all putts, even 4'3" right back out and sometimes it will 'throw' the disc 20 feet away! Maybe all baskets should be on motorized spinners.
When we hang the basket at Reed...we pull it up to about 12 to 15 in the air....higher than a Basketball goal....once all the members of the group have successfully holed out..we drop it...get the discs and pull it back up for the next group...

It's the "real" no gimme basket...lol!!!
I think it was in Melbourne..The Melbourne Open...a couple of years ago...they brought in a crane and flew the basket out to about 40 or 50 feet for a CTP type throw.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968