www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

At the USDGC this year the TD wanted to have a rules exception that would create a putting circle around the basket 1.5 meters out. If your disc landed within this radius then you would have to mark it somewhere along the circle creating a 5 foot putt instead of a drop in the reasoning being that a drop in is not a good golf shot and you can merely drop it in even place it in without a throw, that is somehow seen as wrong anyway what an absurd idea, really dumb, anyone care to defend the new proposed rule?

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL that would be fun
I say if you feel under challenged by the hole then either back up or pick up a couple rocks the size of cue balls and drop them down your shorts. Now that's a handicap.
That looks like alot of Fun !!!!
Two Baskets......lol
Mmmmm... m&m chocolate chip cookie.
Thanks for posting the thread to the discussion on PDGA.com. So, I read everything, even the off topic banter about the financial aspect of this sport. So, I decided not to reply last night, and to wait till the morning to voice my opinion.

Merit: I believe the gentleman who founded this idea has merit in the sense of 1. wanting to always improve the sport, 2.make the rules consistent with the verbiage surrounding the term "Throw", and 3. even the decision to do it at the USDGC, where the best will converge on these ideas.

Cons: 1. Consistency - What rules many play by here in the U.S. in non championship tournaments would not be congruent with the USDGC. Then, even if incorporated for all tournaments at some point, the cost, time and effort to have all courses with the same standards. 2. Penalizes more accurate players at longer distances, which i don't think should ever be the case as I think nearly anyone would agree that a 300ft shot parked under a basket is more difficult than a 10ft shot into the basket. 3. Although it would make the rules "more" consistent with the definition of a "Throw", it would make it more inconsistent with the more important historical pageantry of playing it "as it lies", which I think most would agree in this sport bears more importance than sorting out whether a "drop-in" is a throwing motion or not.

Overall: I am not for this particular change, but perhaps something else that would clearly "improve" the game and make it more competitive. With this proposal, I believe we are trading an apple for an apple.
Sometimes we try to hard to tweak this and that for the sake of "improvement", and the end result isn't really that much better than the original "problem". Many have already made the case for newer problems that would arise and I think you must seriously consider those arguments. I just can't see how the benefits outweigh the new complications that would arise. I've enjoyed reading the frustrated humorous solutions as well, lol.
Well stated....with respect and courtesy. Kudos to you!!!
Yeah, I don't really see the point. Its not like your going to miss it, but just kind of an annoyance.
I dont like it because it does reward a perfect park job!!!!!!!!!!
Cool vid. Ron A. Aced it at the end. Who was Norpedo pointing at after that miraculous miss?
OK, i think it would be a better idea if they just left a blind fold on top of the basket and if you were close enough to grab it you would put it on and spin 3 times and then take the putt, crap. My disc really needs more bricks to hit on the way down as if there isn"t enough stuff to damage your disc like trees and fairway rocks. They want to put a wall around each basket and fill it with gravel. I repeat CRAP.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968