www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

How Far R u Throwing and what are you Throwing? Also Im starting to hit 350+, any disc recommendations?

Views: 1334

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have no idea on how many feet to be honest. But I can throw far when I'm really pissed off to the max. I throw really any kind of disc's, I don't remember the names of the kinds i use.

Idk any recommendations 4 you sorry.
On your 'measured distance' is it on flat land? Or down hill.
Have thrown over 500 feet down hill, it is really easy. At Ellison, in New York.
Beautiful hilly course. With a beat up cheetah (remember them).
But come to Florida in the heat and humidity... good luck reaching what you say.
Now a Rhyno 800 feet sounds more realistic.
well, i know i threw at lease a couple at 350' today, up from my 300 of most of the summer, slowly getting better
i can throw a pro wraith, star destroyer, and champ boss over 400ft now. i've increased my d by about 25-50 ft this year so far. try a pro wraith man. they start nice and stable and they'll beat in to a hyzer flip disc and then a nice roller disc as well.
I dont throw a power grip but, i do have a mean snap, thus creating spin. I can throw a boss consistently 450 with a wraith 500 and a groove 500. One drive i threw my boss 171 and maxed out on a hole of about 550 or more it was sweet.
Pro Starfire , DX Destroyer
Any advice on how to get more distance?
Is it purely practice?
Does getting pissed off really increase your distance? lol, I never found that being upset increased any aspect of my game at all.
Short answer: yes.

However the most practical way is to experiment with different speeds of discs until you find one that works for you. Generally if you can't spin a disc up to its intended speed you will get less flight out of it (like when a first time player insists on throwing a heavy overstable disc). Slower throwers may be able to get more distance out of a midrange than they can out of a max distance driver simply because they can exploit the true flight path of the disc.

Adding onto that theory is the idea that weight plays a big part. A light disc is easier to spin up to speed and get some distance out of, but is more susceptible to wind.

In general the best way to get nice distance into a headwind is a heavy, overstable disc that you know well.

With a tailwind it's a light disc with plenty of glide.

Either way you will need a lot of practice. The key is not getting frustrated when you don't get things immediately. Muscle memory takes time to build up as does getting a good mental game going. Envision the exact flight path you will be taking, for every shot. Get yourself a confidence mantra. The game really is 80% mental which is why I get schooled by the middle aged guys at my course constantly. :)
How steep is the cliff I am throwing off? With the right conditions maybe a few miles, not to brag or anything.

If I can land my disc in the back of a fast moving pickup truck then much further. Decades of intense practice, you understand. Don't try this at home.
I have heard of the Eco Star's but, yet to try them out. Is the plastic diff? does it break in diff.? compared to wat does it break in faster slower than star or middle of dx and star please explain...
So if the disc lands in the bed of the truck, goes to the next course, is picked up and thrown in a basket?

Is it a hole in one?

Or did you drive for miles?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968