www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

How Far R u Throwing and what are you Throwing? Also Im starting to hit 350+, any disc recommendations?

Views: 1330

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Broken in Pro and Star Destroyers are the big ticket when it comes to maximum D. Pro Wraiths are solid for many as well. 460' the other day on a level playing surface...
I just turned 50 in July and most golfers I play with are half my age or in the early 30's and can really crank em off the tee. Dave from Gateway can throw his Wizards over 400ft as with Shawn. It would be guessing as I never have a GPS in the bag but most of know me and at 50 years old... I'll bet I can out throw you......With a Roc!!!!!
I bet I can throw a disc over them mountains there .
max D is 450 right now.
backhand star Destroyer.
forehand star T-Rex
just last month, i sent a 170 gram star destroyer about 490. bout 100 feet past the pin on hole 13 at tradewinds park. of course the 20 mile an hour tail wind didnt hurt. lol
the star tbird might be slower than the new evolution of discs now. but man those babys will go a long way. give em a try.
how far can i throw???????? hmmm
well, if trying to aim for the basket it all depends on the factors involved.
1. a good in line throw going in the intended direction to the basket ,,, never far enough..
2. in the open field , off the target direction to the left or right ..... always way way way to far.
3. on a technical/wooded course ... usally to the nearest tree..then a good half mile into the deepest, darkest jungle...
4. in my mind... all throws are just long enough to to aces.....
Why is it so hard for your to believe that people can throw 450+? In a distance competition my furthest measured was 523ft to be exact. I use midranges for about 90% of my drives because they offer more control then drivers and I can get them over 350 accurately. Hell my putter I can throw darn near 350ft. So many people try to kill their discs to get them to go far when in reality, the more power you put on a disc the better chance you will have a wild throw that goes no where. A good throw is all about control (This incorporates acceleration, speed and snap along with other aspects that are also part of your form) and form (This is your angle of release and body technique all being consistant). Once you have those 2 factors the power begins to come. Also one thing I have noticed is that a good number of us that are throwing large distances are previous big arm ultimate frisbee players that can throw an ultra-star 250+.

I've been playing for just under 2 months now, and I can go around 75 to 80 yards (240ft.) consistently.

I've seen slightly built 19 year olds fling ungodly distances -

Maybe as time goes on my distance will increase, but I'm thinkin' if I ever get to 300, it will be a miracle and my max.

I use a football field - and would recommend the same to others - in getting an accurate "number" to declare -

Unless you need a quarter mile drag strip...

I sometimes can throw my Putter 250 !
800 centimeters? lol
I know right....

I constantly noticed an increase of distance over the past several months...technique gets better and better understanding of disc flight helps tons. Accuracy is king tho.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968