www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

How Far R u Throwing and what are you Throwing? Also Im starting to hit 350+, any disc recommendations?

Views: 1304

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i can throw fairly consistantly in the 400+ range .i love my valk and my destroyer and beasts are coming along ,my star tl is pure magic

UPDATE:  I now can throw 300 feet consistently. Up to 350 frequently. Changing to forehand helped. But my backhand is much better too. I throw primarly lightweight Nukes & Wraiths (163g); Beasts & Destroyers at around 171g. I find each to be equal to the others distance-wise, I just vary them based on conditions & type of shot. However, I can roll most times farther than my best throws, so many times I take that route.

I play better while in a great mood, throw all over the place if I am pissed!

Yea, i think i can throw it over them there mountains and........ through the woods, almost all the way to grandmothers house! Grandmothers house is my goal!

Just remember when you ask this question,  its very opinionated. So take it for what its worth. Dont get discouraged if you read alot of 500+ feet, because i dont think many can really hit 500 consistently.

Stank-a-licious!!

Why can't I resist this thread.  I can throw 360 any old day, but most days I'm out to 380-400'  and SOME days out to 425 when I'm really loose and hitting the line just right, but this isn't common. 

I love wraiths because they seem to be the perfect blend of distance and control/consistency.  I max with them about 380. ... maybe 400 sometimes.  Otherwise the champ katana gets me over 400 pretty often, but it's not as predictable. 

With your distance I would try a latitude 64 gold line flow or a star vulcan. 

These threads are such a point of contention, but I can't resist them either. There is always going to be someone who throws farther or uses more manyly equipment than the next guy. I have even been called a liar in a public forum for being too new to the sport to be throwing the distances that I do.

So I just go with I don't average 400', even with my turbo nuke avenger havoc roc destroyer.

Yeah right, you probably can't even throw a devil hawk 400+!  jk :-)
 I wish I could say I throw 400+, maybe downhill with a tailwind. But no I can throw consistantly around 300' maybe by this time next year with better technique, I'll hit 400'. truthfully though, I'd rather be able to throw 250' and put it exactly where I want it to go, than 400' into the next fairway, or into the thick shule. Right now it mostly goes where it supposed to go. (mostly) so if I can get out to maybe 350 or so with precision, I'll be a happy hucker.

It's not really how far you can throw , unless you are throwing specifically for distance.

It's how Accurately you can Throw !

Right on!

Hey I dreamt I could fly last night. Imagine how far I could throw then.

Personally all that I care about is hitting that putt for birdie!

I am not an expert.  But I am use to the "Nuke".  I can throw backhand (Fades left) and forehand (Fades right).  I have never measured my distance, but the "Nuke" is my best disk.  I can get the most "D" if I forehand it, I would say about 50 or so more yards than if I backhand it.  Someone had told me to put my "Nuke" away and start using my "Buzz" and go back to basics.  He told me that if I start going the distance with my "Buzz", I'll be able to really nuke my "Nuke"

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968