www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

How Far R u Throwing and what are you Throwing? Also Im starting to hit 350+, any disc recommendations?

Views: 1333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Star wraith, loves to keep going, loves the wind,350+, but big anhyzer im working on is my pro valk, 400+ or champion monarch (touchy disc) almost 450.
I can get it up and maybe over 400ft pretty consistantly with my back hand. My distance really began to increase after i started using the powere grip. I can get the most D out of my Champ(cfr) Destroyer. GET ONE!

More importantly, I finaly learned how to throw a hyzer with some distance. I have been using my star teebird and champ valk and gettin over 300ft on a hyzer.

With a forhand I go with the star Excaliber for max distance. I am happy to get 350ft.
PDs to about 400 and Bosses to about 430 controlled D.

If you are just now hitting 350, I'd go for a Valk, possibly Orc, for distance
I am a old man but I can still get my Valk out about 400 ft
Crush 450+ on a hyzer flip with light headwind
Force about the same in a heavier headwind

Best is 520 with the crush
Finally hit 550' last week (wraith). 450' is fairly east and consistent to hit.
Valks to about 420, Groove to about 450. Crush and Boss to about 400. I'm still learning though, so experiences may vary.
im lucky to hit 275' with any disc
not far enough!!
Champ and Star Valk's at 171 get me 350' to 400' consistently without a power grip.
420ish, see what you can do with a Valk, just see...
Heh...throwing FAR is good...but throwing ACCURATE is even better! ;-)

But as far as "throwing far" (or trying to) is concerned, I've recently seen about a 30-50 foot jump in distance. Still only at around 330-340 feet, but I'll gladly take it. Throwing in the 270s-280s off the tee was getting me worked over in a lot of the bigger tournaments.

Star Wraith, Star Destroyer and Avenger SS for me. All 172-174g. Backhand with power grip. The Wraith is the most precise (know where it's going to land off the tee most of the time), while the Destroyer and Avenger SS are a little more fussy for me but can get me an extra 10-25 feet of distance. A slight anhyzer line off the tee with my Avenger SS generates my longest throws when I can properly hit my release point. However, I generally stick to the Wraith in leagues and tourneys since I know what I'll get pretty much every time.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968