www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I live in North Dakota, if you are going to play in a tournament that isn't in your home town its a minimum of a 100 miles one way to play. In a weekend we may travel over 700 miles just to play a tournament. Heck there are those that do it just to play another course besides there own. I started this game in Middle TN and 700 miles could get you more courses than you can throw in a weekend.

So what do you consider to be to far and How many tournaments do you play in a Year.
To me 1000 miles is to much and I play in at least 6 to 8 tournaments a year. Don't forget that we have a very short season up here.

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have a winner!
I play from Lafayette LA, to Fort Walton Beach FL. So about a 350 mile spread. And go as far North as Memphis TN which is 375 miles away. So I would say for me anything within 400 miles is my limit. I played in almost 30 events last year and thats about what ill be doing this year. Now I did play two tournaments in Indiana but was visiting my family. I just got lucky with that one, so maybe I should say a 800 mile loop lol
as said, it's a time/money thing.  The best I ever planned was travelling to Thialand. I had booked the trip (well an additional trip on the end of my honeymoon in China) but by the time I went overseas, the remote island disc golf resort had closed down. So no rounds for me, and it was about the only course in asia at the time. And to make matters worse, now I don't have the braggin' rights to one up anyone elses story..... "Oh yea, well I played this killer course at a disc golf resort on an island in Thailand"  Hard to one up that.
i drove from Madison WI to Kansas City MO for a disc golf road trip. i hit up every course in Kansas City and St. Louis, and dozens more along the way. the trip is 10 hrs one way. Spring break well spent!!!
It's all about Time and Money !

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968