www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

How fast can you throw?
Has anyone actually clock a throw against a radar gun to see how fast they throw?
Does anyone know how fast some of the pro throw?
What is the speed rating of a disc in MPH at which the disc is designed to be thrown?

Views: 159

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i was wondering the same thing, i think im gonna borrow my soon to be father in law's radar gun (OK county sheriff)
I've been ticketed for speeding in OK and you may want to find a more accurate measuring device.
No kidding I got a ticket for going 65 and had my cruz-control set to 45 in a new car... and it was goign the speed it said it was going... either bad radar or bad cop?
Bad cop needs donuts.
A radar speed gun has a beam spread like a flashlight and shows the fastest object/car in it's beam. the cop must try to figure out which object that is. True story, I was with a friend running fast down the interstate. We passed a car that was running in the passing lane and would get over so we passed him on the right in the slow lane. Just as we shot past him, a cop came over the hill. My friend down shifted to slow down and didn't touch the brakes. the other car we had just passed hit his brakes. The cop turned around and pulled the other car over and I am sure he got a ticket for how fast we were running.
One day by the course there was one of the traffic radar trailers sitting there and I went over and threw a couple of discs past it and I got a speed of 43 MPH. I know I don't have much of an arm so I guessing that isn't very fast.
60 to 77 miles per hour are the speeds I ve been clocked at ,sidearm is a faster throw we learned, about 5 to 10 mph faster, We use a speed gun at some of our cities get to know disc golf events
63mph tops. The first time I was clocked was at 51mph. Tomahawk throws actually move faster than side arm throws. Ben Calhouns backhand was clocked at 74mph.
thats the showoff though....lol
I have been clocked at 72 mph. Did it a few times, but its really hard to control when throwing that fast.
I've heard of Feldberg and Avery being clocked at 75MPH+. I've never clocked myself, so I have no idea.
I would imagine its in the 70s, Thats crazy that theres guys out there throwing in the high 700's.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968