www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So, at league last week, we had the worst thing that could possibly happen at dubs. Apparently, two golfers got into a verbal argument while finishing their round. They weren't even partners but that isn't the point. Unfortunately, this spate turned into something really ugly. One guy pulls out a box cutter and threatens the other guy. Meanwhile, the other guy is throwing his discs, hitting the box cutter guy with his bag, as well as kicking him. Furthermore, once the box cutter is taken out of the equation, the blade-less golfer refuses to walk away. He claims that "he can't walk away" AND throws the first punch!! Well, all this crap is going on in the middle of 18's fairway, where the ENTIRE park can hear and see them. Not cool, bc there were other people not playing golf yelling at them to stop!! Long story short, cops showed up, 3 of them! While there were no arrest, I told our club board that neither of them should be allowed to play in any club events, EVER, especially dubs. We do not need this type of negative publicity! What do you guys think?

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I totally agree. Suspend them and not allow them back.
Its golf...we play to get away from that garbage!! I feel like they should be banned indefinitely from dubs but others feel that is too harsh. I mean are they going to "learn" their lesson within a month or a yr or 2?
I can't believe nobody was arrested, that was assault plain and simple. I think they got lucky in that respect and the fact there was no ramification for thier stupidity.
As far as banning them from the club, I would recommend that for sure. I don't know if you can stop them from events that take place in a public park but I would sure try.
I would be ready for another confrontation when they show up next week or the week after expecting to play like nothing ever happened. The club should vote on the penalty, suspension, or bannishment and stick together and let both players know any further acts will not be tollerated.
Good luck with the course idiots.
Thanks, we have a meeting tonight and I wanted some unbiased opinions....
they would never be welcome again at any event i had anything to do with... frigging box cutter....jeez.
Our club suspended golfers who have missed behaved in league in the past. Two guys for fighting (no box cutter) and one for drunk and disorderly behavior. All three were suspended for a whole year and could not participate in any club functions. A message needs to be sent out by the club letting others know how seriously it effects not only the club but the image of the sport itself.
They should be banned from all club events, league events, weeklies ran by your club or any PDGA tournaments your club runs for at least a year, I would even consider the club filing a report with the police dept.
disc golf gets a bad enough rap on its own and you guys need to nip that kind of behavior asap, I would even putting out flyer's in the park so people who take their kids to the park and saw this go down know that your club take what happen serious and that you have taken the following action to the parties involved.
agree with everybody. TOTAL ban.
wow seems really uncalled for but .i dont know enough of whats happened and how. but if you have a knife pulled on you. im sure its hard not to be really pissed and adrenalinized.so maybe they guy who didnt have a knife should get a little slack his way. still suspend him but not the same as the guy who pulled the weapon.but i dont know what made him pull the knife either.so its hard to say..if you pulled a knife on me i wouldnt say nuthin id get in my car and leave and hope you wasnt in my path lol
oh yeah, Big time ban. No more club events. Have them do some sort of community service type work to regain entry into the club events. Something civic.
This is the main issue. A lot of members think that he should be given some slack bc he was "defending himself". However, I did not see it this way. When you have a bunch of fellow golfers yelling at you to walk away and you choose to stay and have the situation escalate even more, then you are no better than the guy with the box cutter. And yes, the guy without the blade threw the first "punch/kick". I was in a group behind these dumba$$es and they apparently were yelling at one another bc the blade less guy didn't get a chance to putt on hole 16. Instead of playg the hole with his group, we walked down our fairway, impeded our progress to retrieve a disc he left behind without letting his group know what he was doing?!! All of this could have been easily avoided..and it's just golf.....thanks for all the helpful comments guys!!
Course clean up for a year without playing any events. Set a example.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968