www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

How many diffrent types of discs do you carry in your bag? I think I am going to go with about 4-5 diffrent ones depending on what works. I will probally keep a main driver(Beast), two mids, and the avair. I might put in a 2nd driver such as the Boss to replace the Beast.(that will probally never happen) I might also use a Eagle for a short yardage holes on the drive.

Views: 264

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

3 r- pro boss weight 132 , 150 . and 155 1 r-pro katana 146 ( turn over driver ) 1 opto line XXX 173 (i think) over stable driver 1 gold line vision 1 gold line river weight unknown for serious up shots and a r-pro dart for up shots and putts i think its 169 oh and a mini stash disc with two hawaii disc golf stamps ( relax and focus ) it all fits in my red ching clam shell bag . traveling light so i can finish my rounds not dbl. bogeeing my last 3 holes . and soon will have a new flow gold line 170 -its in the mail so its flying already !
When your about to pack up your bag, think of the course you will be playing at. In my home town, we have 3 courses and each one is different. So for each course, i mix and match different discs. Usually i have about 5 discs: two drivers, two midrange, and a putter.

My drivers (166g valkyrie, 174g beast) give me a 50/50 decision; I can go with the heavier, more stable Beast on open shots that are less wooded and give it a huge hyzer the whole way there. Or i can go with the less stable, lighter Valkyrie on tight shots with no open space which will give me the ability to throw it far but straight.

My Midrange (170g roc, 170g buzzz) also allow me to make a split decision. The Roc is great for any shot: hyzer, straight, anhyzer. The Buzzz will keep a straight, B-Line path to the basket.

My putter (170g magnet) is great. Not much can be said other than this disc is not only great for close putting, but also an awesome approach from 50 - 100 ft.

So, all-in-all: It does not matter how many discs you bring along with you, as long as you have the right disc for the right shot. Its ALL about shot selection for your main goal: minimal strokes.
1..... they are all round and made of plastic.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968