www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i have been playing for about 4 months now and i carry 14-16 discs is that too many how many do you carry in a round

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hmm. Blake, as a newer player I would wittle that # 14-16 down to half that for awhile till you really "know" each disc and why it does what it do.or at least empty half your bag when you can in a practice round each hole. it should help your game.

heck... never hurts to even just take a disc or three out for a round or two also. you might surprise yourself.

I carry 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 ( sorry.. had to count them mentally) different discs, add 1 for having 2 putters, add 1 for having 2 buzzz's, add 1 for having 2 destroyers, and add 1 for 2 Wraiths and I guess that means I typically carry 13 discs.
there is a few more of those that I have multiples of in various stages, like valks and beasts, but just don't keep in the bag.

I throw in something different sometimes when I play casual, minis, or solo practice rounds as well, so probably carry 16 discs on average.

another thing I have noticed, and this may be different for some of you, but I prefer not to carry any "water-specific" discs.

I'd rather have confidence in a disc and any shot I throw than think it's OK to lose a disc or have it be a floater.

That theory has paid off for me in recent years:) ( no one remind me of lost discs in water I had recently.. I'm trying to block that out!!!)
about 20 discs but only 8 molds
OK it's well documented I have a thing for discs. Soo it pains me and my back to say that I carry 22...YES, 22. I'm not proud of it, but every time I try to take some out. That little voice in my head says. OOoohhh.. are you sure? You might need it for this shot or that shot... Help!
masn i got the same problem i love having a large choosing of discs
I carry 18 total discs but only 11 molds, I like to have multipules in case I lose something and I have five, thats right I said five teebirds. I'm obsssed with that disc.
I have been playing for 16 years and have tried a zillion different combination's. My current set up is between 15 - 18 discs at a time with an Identical bag of 15 - 18 sitting in the trunk for back up. I also carry all this weight and several water bottles on a modified Pull cart. No sense in having back problems when you can pull it all behind you!

I carry.....
3 putters
1 SS Magic (for under 30ft putting)
1 Soft Magic (for outside 30ft putting)
1 Soft Wizard (for approach shots and drivable holes)

4-5 Midranges
1Evo HPP Element
1 Evo Pro Element X
1 Evo Pro Warrior
1 Evo HPP Demon
1 Crystal Buzzz

8-10 Drivers
1 Sparkle Rouge
1 Champion Monarch
1 Champion Roadrunner
1 Star Sidewinder
1 ESP Pulse
1 Evo Pro Blast DT
1 Evo Pro Diablo DT
1 Evo Pro Blurr
1 Evo HPP Apache
1 Evo HPP Savage
Find a pull cart and modify it!!!
It's the best thing that has ever happened to my back!!
I got mine for $2 at a yard sale. I used part of an old 78" Chevy truck hood to make a rack and some old bed frame square tube to make braces, and a can of black spray paint. Total cost $7 and an hour of fabricating. When I get a chance I'll post a picture of it!

Why carry a suitcase!?
22 stuffed in my bag. it's too heavy. i'm going to try trimming down to 3 or 4 and just work on my game for a while. then repack my bag.
I BUY alot of discs.... can't help it. And I pratices with alot of these. I'm always puting discs in and taking them out while I pratice...

But I carry a select few during tournaments:
2- Surge (Tailwind)
2- Crush (Headwind)
1- Pulse (Flick/ Thumbers)

1- Leopard (Anhyzer Fairway)
1- Teebird (Straight Fairway)
1- Predator (Hyzer Fairway/ Thumbers)

1- Wasp (Main Mid)
1- Viper (Short Flick shots)
1- Drone (Hyzer Mid)

2- CryZtal Z Challengers (Main Putter)
1- Soft Magnet (Anhyzer Putter)

That's pretty much it for tournament rounds. Depending on the course I might throw a Monarch or Avenger SS in for Anhyzer drives or a Shockwave, Buzzz or Element for straighter upshots or a Glide for an additional Fairway option.
I bought a cart at goodwill $2.
I then need hardware: Corner Brace, the pipe holders that clamp down, two metal strips for stability (About $10)

Used screws hanging around and an old tool box (since upgraded) slammed it all together and it works great.

Love having a cart.
I use twelve or so but I carry15 to 25 (bag/cart)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968