www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i have been playing for about 4 months now and i carry 14-16 discs is that too many how many do you carry in a round

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I carry my discs I play 2 rounds of Disc Golf.
When I pull my discs, I play 5 rounds of Disc Golf.
I reserve my energy for throwing the disc and moving about the course, not lugging heavy objects around.
That is a different sport, that I have seen on ESPN, to see which guy can carry the heavy object the furthest.
Not to mention the damage you are doing to your spine.
If you carry a heavy object on one side of your body for a long period of time, it can give you Scoliosis (Curvature of the Back).
This cart is so light weight that it can be carried-Joe G brought his cart to every round at the Gran Canyon course and had to carry it on certain holes, but still said it was better than carrying a bag the whole time.
The other problem with carts is that they do not fit into a car and are hard to travel with.
This cart breaks down and fits in any car, it is smaller than your bag.
This cart also costs less than most disc golf bags on the market.
It does not need to be modified and is ready for immediate use for Disc Golf.
Innova, at one time, actually designed a golf bag with an extra flap on the back, to slide over this cart and sit perfectly on the platform, but only a handful of people figured this out and Innova stopped producing the bag.
I already mentioned that I take extra gear with me now, like 4 water bottles instead of 2, and extra discs, sunblock, extra towels, extra clothes, rain gear, birdie bags, and mega snacks.
Some of my tournament rounds can last for 4 hours. I want some provisions and I do not want to lug them.
At the Daytona Open, I was not the only player to bring along a cordless fan-easy to drag, heavy to carry-it has batteries.
We play under some grueling conditions here in Florida, sometimes the tournament turns into who has the most stamina and carts are legal for tournaments.
Most of Team Super G uses a cart because of the many benefits, regardless of age or strength! We consider it a "no brainer" once you put it on the scale!
I have modified my cart with a few added clips that I use for towels and a place to clip the score card, etc.
I have repaired the cart on the fly....if a wheel comes off-you can use a keyring as a cotter pin. Fixed.
Tires do not require air, so they never go flat.
Elevation keeps you bag off the wet grass, above the flooded fairway, out of the mud, out of the fire ants, etc. I have not had a strap full of fire ants since I began using the cart!!!
This game is becoming more and more competitive, anything I can use legally to my advantage for that "ONE EXTRA STROKE" I am going to do it!
I have cashed a lot this year in the OPEN division, 5 of them have been ties....I need "ONE MORE STROKE!"
I am going to continue to use my cart to my advantage despite the opinionated looks of jealousy.
It allows me to channel my newly recovered energy toward my Disc Golf game, and I get plenty of exercise from the added rounds and added practice.
Relax, grab some wheels, play an extra round or two, feel the energy as you pull your load with one finger, throw the extra discs, eat your newly packed snacks and drink the extra water.
Thanks for the rant, and for letting me rant back, lol.
OK - you folks in Florida can obviously use all the help you can get, between heat, fire ants (had not considered those - yeeeech!) and all the rest. I would not want to be in your shoes - my hat's definitely off to you. That being said, for most disc golfers in gentler climates (and no fire ants) I still think we can do without carts. That, however, is my own personal bias - to each his own. Thanks for the answering rant!!!
well, currnetly i carry/push (in an old baby stroller for 9 bucks at good-will no modifications needed and it has built in cup holders) 3 putters, 4 mid-range, 9 drivers, & 1 just for rollers. and as for the big expensive bag.....well.... i'm using an old
vhs camcorder bag .... very redneck i know but it works great and was free.....

best of luck to you on the course
there's a guy who plays at my home course who uses his wife's old stylist's bag. he has a good sense of humor about it too.

With my new waist sack I only carry 5 discs and 2 water bottles and a towel. Plus I can keep keys and what-nots in the zippered part of the sack. Hands free! Nothing to pick up, nothing to sling over my shoulder. I love it! Keep in mind, I am just a recreational player. Sometimes I bring a small pack stool that we sell here at my store. http://www.clearwaterdiscgolfstore.com/camp-time-large-rollastool-p...
It's so lightweight. That way if I want to have a seat I can.
dont feel bad brother, when i started out i was the running joke in the groups i played with. I bought everything in site. Once you get to know a few of them from practice you'll move the others over for a while then you will develope through your inventory as you learn. I say keep buying man, in my opinion, the MOST important part of the game is confidence. If that means needing to get a certain disc because of what it's called or looks like or just the fact that you read somewhere how awesome it was, by all means get it because to me the confidence will help you train your technique.

You'll Slim down naturally, don't feel like you have to force it!
i have 14-16 disc's.
but if your first starting
you need to stay with atleast 4-5
disc's.
figure them out
learn them very very well.
then slowly buy more learn them tho.
the worse thing to do is
have lots of disc's you dont really know.
23 riight now, but who knows how many when I get that revo backpack nxt month what what!
I carry 20 discs a couple of doubles of some. I like having a disc for all shorts of shots, I play with all of them in an open field and try every shot (flat, hyzer, annie, thumber, tommie, forehand, etc.) with them and commit the flight paths to memory. Never know what you'll need during a bad lie or trees in spots you don't like.
I carry a minimum of 20 discs.I double up on favorite discs varie the weight and age.I may not throw all of them in a round but some are for special situation IE I screwed up and ended up in the shit.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968