www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

as you can tell by the topic, i wanted to know how many discs you used for a single 24 hole round? how many drivers, mid-range, and putters. at the bottom, the total. im doing a project and wanted to know from a group of people. thanks

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

see my 'shot selection survey' thread started a few days ago...it might give you some data...
It depends on the course and conditions.
I bring my bag!!!! Doesn't matter what course!!! I carry between 12-18 disc's!!!! Depends on how many my son takes from me!! I currently have 15 discs in my bag!!! 4 putters,3 mids, 8 drivers!!

putters= 3 aviar p/a, 1 wizard
mids= 1 crystal buzzz, 1 buzzz d, 1 KC12x roc
drivers= 1 avenger ss, 1 pro wraith, 1 star wraith, 1 champ.starfire, 3 elite z xl(different stages of wear), 1 valykrie,
I agree with hippy. also try to read his post and pronounce all the exclemation points for a quick laugh.
In terms of molds, 4. I have multiples of my discs where I actually carry 15 of the discs I use regularly plus another 3 that I use once in a great while.

2 Putters
3 Mids
5 Fairway drivers
5 Distance drivers

the 3 I don't use terribly often

2 Moderately overstable distance drivers
1 Very overstable distance driver
my bag gives me every shot i need, so it doesn't matter the course, total of 12 discs, i can do any shot needed with those alone. Tomahawks, Hyzers, Thumbers, Sidearm, Backhand, Rollers, Anhyzers, Grenades, Scoobies, Tunnel shots, Putts, all with 6 molds and backups for each. i don't use multiple discs that have same flight patterns but different speeds. my arm can add to or take away when it comes to distance.
Always bring the whole bag. I'd rather have discs I don't need than need discs I don't have. The only exception is Knollwood Park in K-zoo, MI. I use nothing but my two putters for this easy round.
On average I use 12. Sometimes I'll carry more depending on if I'm trying out new discs or carrying more of the same molds for practice. Also varies on the course. But these are my staples.

Putter: Pro Rhyno

Mids: 2 DX Rocs (Overstable and stable), 1 Star Mako (tricky shots)

Fairway Drivers: 2 DX TeeBirds (1 dead straight, 1 understable), 1 Champ TeeBird (moderately overstable)

Distance Drivers: 1 Champ Sidewinder (Straight), 1 Star Sidewinder (slightly more stable), 1 Star Katana (Bigger d)

Overhand: ESP Predator (Thumbers), Z Flick (Tomahawks)
about 3 drivers,2 fairway drivers,3 mid range and 3 putters
I don't use all but I carry

6 Drivers
2 Fairway Drivers
6 Midrangers
4 Putters
15 i use my whole golf bag

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968