www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

How many discs have you lost in one day of hardcore Disc Golfing? The most that I have lost in one day is at least five discs. I lost three on the same course and two on another one.

Views: 113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I threw 4 or 5 in the pond during a tourny but I got them all back(that day) so I'm not sure that counts. So other than that my record is probably 2.
It's happened to me once.. I lost 3 discs out in one round.
Inevitably... if you throw more than one disc off the tee pad for (practice)...
there is plenty of leaves on the ground...
and you don't spot the landing

you're going to lose discs eventually. I learned that the hard way.
Probably 20 or 30.

A temporary course was put in on a ball golf course under construction (Mount Brighton in Michigan) for a big upcoming tournament (Discraft Great Lakes Open). There were a bunch of water hazards including two big ponds next to a basket. The tee pad was on the top of a ski hill and played about 350-375 feet away. It was a really cool hole but very dangerous for losing discs.

The first time I played the course was a week before the event and the first time I played the hole in question I parked the shot. Then I threw a couple more times and lost them in the water. Unless you were right on the edge or willing to swim your disc was gone.

The next I came back with a box of discs, all brand new Dx Banshees. Before the day was done most of those were on the bottom of one of the ponds.

This was years ago, before candy plastic. Drivers back then didn't last very long and I bought them in quantity. Once I developed particular tastes in Banshess I found that I had lots of them which were more domey than I liked and they became risk discs.
Losing two discs is my limit. I hate to lose discs, the cost is a factor but usually it's a disc that I really like and is broken-in to perfection making it more than just a monetary loss. I will have to say that my lost / found ratio is about even. Amazing that some people don't write their contact info on their disc's. I have found one before only to lose it on the next hole. I don't spend hardly any time looking for my disc in a water hazard for obvious reasons, but I will spend 5-10 minutes looking in the woods, leaves, trees, etc. I just hate to leave a disc behind! Last year, I returned with a gas powered leaf blower the next morning to recover my "Surge". I found my "Surge" plus an old "Gator" and an "XL".

That was a real good find. It is cool when you are looking for your disc and you find a couple more.

I have lost two discs not on the same day. there are not many water hazards on the local courses.  One fell out of my bag (pro-d cyclone) which was a duffel bag before I got my disc carrier. and I lost one by throwing two off the tee pad and leaving my Star Katana where I threw it.  I have found two discs in total as well. 

Luckily for me, the most Ive lost in a day of discgolf, our record is 93 holes. I think its 93.......24-24-18-18-9, hickory hills, myles kimmerly, and mt. holiday is one disc. Fall and gold line river in bronze doesnt exactly equal an easy disc to find, wasnt even a bad toss really. I must add, that is a lot of discgolf for one day but we would have been willing to keep playing if we would have had more daylight!

just three and two i really didnt care about

i would like to say 3 i've lost 3 discs 3 different time but each time i have 1 back weeks later . so the most discs i've lost is 2 , 3 different times.

I've never lost more than one (knock on wood) but I did FIND three in one day!

I teed off & my drive turned over right. I went looking for it & found 2 discs before I found mine! I found a DX Valk & a Tie-Die eagle.

Then later that same round (!) I found a DX Ontario Roc!

One had a name & number on it but my call was not returned. Thank you very much!

Lost 2. Had 5 Stolen in 1 day :(

Well, I once took a friend who was a beginner and lent him a small collection of my discs to play with. 5 to be exact. He lost 3 of them while we played in Vacaville CA. 2 in the lake and 1 in the rough.....

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968