www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This years Ice Bowl will be my third and mark my third year playing disc golf. A friend convinced me to play in my first Ice Bowl soon after buying my first disc. I get more excited about this tournament than Christmas.

Tags: ice bowl

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This will be my first Ice Bowl (hopefully I will make 2 of them) and marks my first year playing disc golf, even my first tournament. I cant wait!!!
I think I've played in 7 so far (maybe 8). Great fun!
I sometimes play two a year if I can.
If you mean a tournament that is labeled or referred to as an "Ice Bowl" then 3 or 4 a year for 15 years. If you mean a tournament in Rick Rothstein's tournament series then maybe one a year. Rick, a current PDGA Board member and former publisher of Disc Golf World News created the Ice Bowl series which promotes food banks as its charity focus. If you mean any tournament in the dead of winter in a place where winter means cold weather then lots.
I mean the no wimps no whiners charity tournament that takes place in the winter. So far I've worn shorts to everyone I participated in. In Austin they mix the cards with a pro, advanced, intermediate, master etc. For a brand new player you can't ask for better.
I have played in three and won 1.....all in Tulsa...this will be my first Ice Bowl outside of there unless there is some CRAZY unforessn change of events....It will be in Houston this year and I will prolly be in Shorts....it SNOWED (O.K. like 1-6 in. mabye.....prolly like 2.....BUT SNOW OF ANY KIND is a BIG deal around here) on Wed. of last week.....on Fri. it was 65!
Played in Detroit, at Firefighters, for the last four years. Always try to make that one. This year I went to 7 Ice Bowls around Michigan. Took my first pro cash at the Brewer Park Ice Bowl. $100 for second. No chance of wearing shorts here in Michigan.
I have played in at least 4 a year for the last 5 years.
last year was my second year playing but first year entering into anything. I was able to play 2 Ice Bowls, one in High Point NC and the other in West Jefferson NC. Both were really cool events (pun intended). Had a lot of fun and for good causes.
since 1999 all at highland springs disc golf course in lakeport california.......
play 2 or 3 a year for the last 3 years

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968