www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I own over 180 usdgc rocs.i have been collecting them since innove released themin 2001.i have almost every stamp made.my favorite stamp is the battle roc.also i do like the 2008 inncolor where they are shopping at the pro shop.

Views: 17

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If money changed hands doesn't that mean that these Rocs were commercially available...albeit a small number of discs...but still commercially available???
They are supposed to have regular production Champion ROC's coming out,
which will make them affordable and available for the masses, but I wonder
how it will affect the value of this year's USDGC editions. Hopefully, it will make
the past years Champ ROC's worth more...... :) Oh, I have several, but I have
had to throw them, they are too bada$$ not to! Probably the most used disc
in my bag.

Question: I can understand why clear and black ones are more valuable,
but why is the "butter" so popular? Looks like a dirty white-ish color to me?

Anybody wanna sale an 04' Glow Battle ROC 178-180 for under a $100?
If they are commercially available, tell me where I can go buy one
i'm biddin on my first on ebay right now and accidently got into a bidding war long story short i think its gonna end up costin me about $70 anyone know where to get a decent price on these
The Butter factor...New name for a color thats sought after in low number runs and "Gummy" fits just as well and both stand out when collecting is involved..But some hype could be involved when new disc's release so be careful...I guess 10 years down the road when someone says Butter Roc...you'll wish you had one!!
go to zone driven so you are not bidding on something rare on ebay if you dont care about the #s. the more #s produced the lower the cost. I think yellow has the highest # for 09 and the glows are what people are going for this year. at least i am.
QUOTE If they are commercially available, tell me where I can go buy one. UNQUOTE

First - try eBay - there should be plenty commercially available there. Do you think that eBay is not a commercial outlet? Then go to Discgolfunited.com. More specifically, go to the USDGC Proshop on the site: http://www.discgolfunited.com/Store/productlisting.cfm?prod_cat_id=101. DGU is an online vendor that sells direct to the public.

The Roc is on the PDGA list of Approved Discs which makes it legal for use in all PDGA events. There are no rules in the PDGA Rules of Play nor the PDGA Tech Standards agreement that would make a USDGC Roc illegal for use in a tournament.

From the PDGA 2009 Tech Standards (1)C(1)(14):

(14) be of a production-type disc available commercially to the public in numbers of at least 500;

Just because a Champion Roc is not available at your local vendor does not mean it is not legal for PDGA play. The Roc mold is approved and at least 500 have been commercially available to the public since approval of the disc in 1987. The Approved disc list does not make any distinction between a DX Roc or a Champion Roc. A Roc is a Roc and the Roc is PDGA legal in DX, Pro, Champion, Star, Special Edition, Glow plastic, etc., etc.
2 in storage
One Battle Roc. I use it on about 50% of my shots. Best disc I've ever thrown. I only need one.
I used to have 47. I traded them at Clearwater disc golf store for other cool stuff(chair,bag ,cart,shirts,towel,C,E, discs,and other out of print discs.
Gotta go with Discette on this one. If a disc has to be available at my local sporting goods store, when I couldn't throw any discontinued disc from a by gone era. You saying I can't throw an old Hammer or XD?

There are hundreds of x-outs and double stamps Champ Rocs availables. You just have to go to Zonedriven to get them or a secondary market (ebay) to get them.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968