www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So far, i have hit three vehicles with my disc. the first was a car parked in the middle of the fairway at the course at montevallo, al. there is a huge pottery kiln and the entrance is on the fairway. Occasionally, people will park right in the way. I usually have no problem getting over or around them, but this one day i drove my midrange right into the side of this newer car, no damage.the second was at fairhope, al. a fellow disc golfer had just pulled up, and i threw a star destroyer back towards the parking area from the eighteenth basket. the wind caught it and it flipped and soared right into the guys back windshield, no more than two feet from his head. i yelled four and apologized a hundred times or more. and most recently at fairhope again, while the locals were having a baseball game, this guy parked his pickup right in the middle of the fairway. i was actually playing a round with the guy that i narrowly missed and hit his truck. he kindly asked the owner of the truck to move his truck because we didn't want to hit it. the guy moved his truck, and i proceeded to drive my z glide right into a tree which then banked off and nailed the guy's truck right in the driver door, no damage. i couldn't even look at the guy, but he was laughing about it.

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

btw, my friend has teed off at number one at fairhope, al, right into the highway on the right of the fairway, and his disc got stuck in the grill of a car, which didn't bother stopping. his dad told him to follow that car and to play the disc from wherever the guy parked. I wasn't there, but i can imagine the uncontrollable laughter!!!
The best on I've seen in awhile was at last years Daytona Open. I not sure of the hole but the road ran parallel to the fairway and traffic was a little heavy. One of the guys on my card released his drive a little late. It hit the side of this large white delivery truck. We all watched the disc as it seemed to fly in slow motion, slam hard into the side of the truck. BANG! The guy that was riding shotgun jumped out of his seat throwing his coffee all over the inside of the truck. Not 100% sure but afterwards it sure looked like his was sitting a little bit higher. The truck never stopped, we all laughed saying "did you see that guys face. It was pretty funny. Still not sure if they even knew what hit them.
I've lost count -- at least 5 just in the Hudson Mills lot over the years including my own car.

In a One-Disc-Challenge Ace Race at White's Acres, I managed to ding (dent) Jim Kenner's (owner of Discraft) new Prius with him in my group to watch it unfold. His final words as the disc sailed towards his car, "Not the Prius!!!" He was clearly unhappy but tried to take it well.

I caved in part of the front driver door panel of a volvo playing ball golf with a vicious hooking line shot -- an elderly lady was driving and she nearly lost it into the ditch. It made a pretty loud sound and I think she thought someone fired a gun at her, she took off immediately. Meanwhile, my ball came back into play and I ended up with 300+ yards of distance. It was a par 5, I put my approach on the green and 2-putted for a birdie -- we were playing skins, I won the hole, and my opponents vehemently cursed my luck.
nice
i cant even count how many cars i have hit... lol
FOUR !!!!!! :)
I have hitten so many cars. One time I was on top of a big hill and I threw my discs and hit a truck so hard.
In a One-Disc-Challenge Ace Race at White's Acres, I managed to ding (dent) Jim Kenner's (owner of Discraft) new Prius with him in my group to watch it unfold. His final words as the disc sailed towards his car, "Not the Prius!!!" He was clearly unhappy but tried to take it well.

Was it at least....a Discraft product?
Well, purposely I have hit a few. All because a road goes through a hole at Warwick (hole 16) and there are signs everywhere saying "Don't Park on the Grass" and "No Parking this side". A few people parked their car right in the middle of the fairway on 16. Being me, I took a couple of drivers and tagged the passenger side doors a few times. Unintentionally, I have hit 2 cars. Once I let a disc go early and it got really overstable and hit the back of a pickup truck as he was pullout of the parking spot. The other time I was trying out the Roadrunner (back in 05) and it got understable and stayed there. Skipped off another disc golfers car and landed on the teepad for #2.
Wednesday night at Monroe Community Park, hole 10, somebody parked their really nice Chrysler 300- all black tinted windows, dubs, custom grill. Watched a guy just nail it with his drive. Luckily there was no damage and the owner was really cool with the guy, who was really upset with himself. I thought it was gonna get really ugly.
Hole 1 , coachman park, Clearwater FL, My friends will back me on this when I tell you I have a mean Grip lock , and it usually involves me driving a disc 350+ way off to the right in the wrong direction, well this day I was throwing my max weight pro Destroyer and parellel to the fairway is coachman road on the right side, I Crushed this thing super hard right and soon as it got over the street , it flexed straight up the the street at an oncoming Dodge Ram w/ a chick and a dude in there, It SMASHED the windshield directly in the middle of them and the chick I could see Jumped in her seat, it was Very loud he slammed on the breaks and as they past my right side I could only smile and throw up a wave, but I could not see theyre facial expressions , I could just tell that they missed the turn into the parking lot and kept goin, I honestly wouldnt be suprised if I cracked it, I hit it so hard..lol
Yes, it was one of those Discraft trial discs for the One Disc Challenge Ace Races. It was definitely high speed flippy, it may have been the disc that eventually became the Glide.

Jamie 'gr8rocshot' Ruane said:

Was it at least....a Discraft product?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968