www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm sure everyone would like to own a private course. Realistically, not counting land costs, how much does a 18 hole course with multiple concrete tees cost? Please include professional design fees, tee signs etc. Anyone with experience in this area?

Tags: costs, course, courses, private

Views: 1344

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Disc Golf World, Summer 2006, Vol. #78 pages 12-15. Makes you want to never volunteer again!
Chuck, I've only been inovlved in disc for a couple years, but played ball golf for 35 years.

In YOUR opinion you could improve any course not designed by a "certified" member of the design group...well...in MY opinion, I think I could improve any course you have put in. ALL courses have their strengths and shortcomings. There are several courses near me in Southwest Michigan...not many, if any, of them designed by a member of your group...MOST of them are pretty darn good courses.

This being said...I do agree w/ you people need to pay to play, get paid for expertise, etc.
I've already said before I could improve every one of the courses I've designed. Several are rated higher than I would rate them on the Disc Golf Course Review site. If anything, experienced designers are tougher on their own evaluations and know the things they would like to have done better on their own designs but were not able to do so, primarily due to budget or restrictions from the park department or owner. But more importantly, we have learned new things in the design area since many of our courses were installed. For example, until a course design is validated with a scoring analysis, the designer hasn't shown their design does the best job serving the skill level(s) intended. http://www.pdga.com/course-design-validation

I've only been able to do that on maybe a dozen courses I've designed out of 100 or so that I've been involved with in some way. So there's a lot of potential improvement out there. Very few designers, including those in SW Michigan, either know how to or have actually done any validation on their courses. Had that been done in advance on the courses for K-Zoo Worlds, several of the holes and courses might have been better.

Another thing about design is that it's never really done, especially on courses with lots of foliage. Designs need to plan for growth with flexibility as certain types of plants and trees grow and change. I've had to redesign North Valley about 8 times over 20 years due to several changes in the topography of the park, water projects, erosion issues and other park issues. But each time, the changes were done with the best design knowledge available at the time.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968