www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just curious how much golf rounds or practice everyone is gettin in lately with the winter weather? Me I'm gettin rounds in every day that I'm off. I live in washington so it's not really winter it's more just kinda wetter, and I work as an emt on for 24 hour shifts at a house with ample space inside to work on 30' and in so i'm putting in the area of 300 putts per shift while at work. ARE YOU PUTTIN IN THE PRACTICE???

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Up here in Michigan and while there is snow on the ground, the weather is a bit mild at the moment. The snow has been melting to a "manageable" level (1-2" deep with a good crust on top) and the temperature has been in the balmy low 30's. My back is finally on the mend and have been out a couple of times this year so far and look forward to getting some more winter rounds in as long as the blizzards hold off. Since I am laid off, I will have a good number of opportunities to get 3-4 rounds during the week that I would otherwise wouldn't be able to because of the lack of daylight after 4pm. So here's hopin to get some good practice in when I'm not job hunting or visiting the unemployment office.
Yeah, this winter hasnt been too bad so far here in Michigan. Although im impatiently waiting for spring and quality rounds in comfortable clothes!!
Josh, despite my crazy fondness of winter golf, I am also jazzing for a round in comfortable clothes. I am also looking forward to seeing how this season of winter golf will improve my warm weather rounds. I found after playing avidly throughout last winter, the rounds that I did get in last spring were much improved in distance and technicality.
I'm not getting out as much as I would like.
why is that?
I'm a full time student and full time dad! My lil one can't be out in the cold so until it warms up... No dg
Im in Ontario, Canada, I play all winter long, I also run a weekly points series through the winter. Today we are looking at a balmy 11*F with 15-20 mph winds and flurries.... should be fun.
Still playing 4-6 days a week. I try not to play more than 2 out of 3 days if temps in the single digits degrees F. Just seems to unmotivate me. Great time to practice! I try to pick the most windy day of the week and play a short course and take several drives and try a few putts from each location. It's really been helping with lowering my scores.
About a round a week, or not enough. f'n job gets in the way, but I wont complain because I know there are people out there that wish they had my problem. So until the days get long enough I will have to settle for saturday leagues. (btw me and my partner shot -14 last week, had a two stroke lead almost the whole round, but because of an ace on 16 by the other team it wasn't good enough for a win, OT loss)
I would be playing more than the 4 days a week i am playing but i have a tweaked throwing shoulder so im throwing at about 75% (no forehand throws ,those really fricking hurt)we have 2 ft of snow but that is very doable
Heck yeah. I live in S. California so I'm able to practice a lot. Except for a couple of weeks ago when we had some crazy tornado rip through Long Beach (where I live). Crazy! During that storm I practiced 20' putts in my house (that's all the room I have). I wonder what my neighbors think?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968