www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just curious how much golf rounds or practice everyone is gettin in lately with the winter weather? Me I'm gettin rounds in every day that I'm off. I live in washington so it's not really winter it's more just kinda wetter, and I work as an emt on for 24 hour shifts at a house with ample space inside to work on 30' and in so i'm putting in the area of 300 putts per shift while at work. ARE YOU PUTTIN IN THE PRACTICE???

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

arizonas winter is not cold at all this year so far wierd, but i havent been playing much otherwise haha just the usual 2,3, maybe 4 times a week
I have played 18 rounds this year so far all in snow.
5 rounds a week right now, cold and snow.
Kudos on the putting practice at work, I do my putting in my garage. To back up I have to throw from my kitchen through a door into the garage. Makes things interesting.

As for winter rounds, I have a tough time (even with warmers) keeping my hands warm when it gets below 20F, so I haven't played much. About six rounds since November (most of them only partial rounds). Instead I go work on my throwing in a long parking lot. It allows me to sit in my car if the hands get too numb.
I'm not getting nearly as much as I did this summer; I was playing almost every single day. Now I can only play on the weekends unless I were to play hooky from work. Right now it is dark when I go to work and dark when I get off. We are gaining daylight, so I'll be able to play after work for a bit in about 3-4 weeks. So I'm pretty much only playing on Sat and Sun.
Out in california I had to put up with 65 and sun...
Got my basket out the other day when it was in the 20's. Practiced for about an hour. Soft JK Aviars are great in the cold!
I have one round since snow hit and that was on Saturday. I played with knee deep snow and at one place up to my hip.

I have a basket set up in the basement and can throw up to 25 feet.

I play a game with the 22 putting type discs I have (putters, Roc, Buzzz, drone, and wasp). I start with all my discs in a box. I have my prime putter and my secondary putter. The only discs I remove are those that make it into the basket. If I miss with first or last, I have an extra disc added to the new bunch.

In any case it helps me I hope.
playing rounds everyday! work midnights its cold in Michigan but we truck on! waiting for warmer weather
Our league plays every other Sunday, if not every Sunday at anyone of the 13 some courses we have here in the Ann Arbor Michigan Area. So far the worst weather has been 20 degrees F. with a windchill of -8 and 12 inches of snow. Last year we played in similar weather but with 40 mph winds with a windchill of -15. and almost a ft and a half of snow. If I was unemployed I would be playing a lot more. The winter does not stop me from enjoying this game.
I try to get out and play as often as i can...At least three times a week at or new course in Oak Grove, KY...weather has been cold somedays and a little bit colder the other days. Wind always seems to be the reason it's so dang cold around here. Coldest so far is about 16 degrees and that was New Years Day. I have started my off-season Confidence Putting which helps keep my head in the game. You can check out on YouTube under Confidence Putting....
Played 3 actual rounds since the snow started flying. I park my daily driver during the winter, and the beater is beat, lol or else i'd play more. We putt in my buddy's yard just about every day though, and thats what counts.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968