www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm calibrating my Course Location Optimizer. I'd especially like to hear from players near the following courses, but any replies will be helpful.

Kendall Indian Hammocks Park, Morley Field, Sunset Park, Whittier Narrows Park, Santa Cruz River Park, Lafreniere Park, Burns Park.

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Come play the Malabar, Florida course. If you're lucky there might be someone else there.. ;)
That's one I'm really interested in.
I'd play Morley Field in San Diego , everyday , if it wasn't crowded !!!!!
And how often do you play it now?
Castle Hayne Park in Wilmington NC is my home course. I wouldn't play more often but I would come out more on weekend afternoons if it was not crowded. I really only see it during our monthlies. Any day before 11am is OK.
I play every day (I am at 2 months of playing everyday. My main course has never been that busy. Advantage of living in Mitchell SD.
Which course? There are 2, and one should be twice as busy as the other.
Can't say that I live anywhere near those course but if you ever pass through cincinnati there are several quality courses to play. I live 5 minutes fromIdlewild which is generally thought of as one of the top courses in the country. This course though is not generally packed because it is a tough course that will take you atleast 2 hours to play by yourself and up to 3 hours if you have a group. I try to play it once a week but it is hard because of the time it takes to play. I also play Lincoln ridge but it is further from the house. Also this course does get packed.though. I only get to play it once a month do to proximity. I also have a small 18 hole course called Boone Woods a few minutes from the house. This course is always packed because it is a easier course than idlewild and only takes an hour to play if that. Right now they are doing a redesign on the course and I am really excited to see the new lay out. I do play a small 9 hole course a few minutes from my work at lunch time. If I am not busy I usually can play 3 times a week. It's a small course but is challenging because of the elevation changes. It's a bit beat up though because of the park it is in.

I would spend more time playing not so much because of packed courses but more from a time constraint issue.
Tell me a about Boone Woods. How often do you decide not to play it because it is packed?
I play Morley Field , maybe twice a month. Sometimes more. If I don't play through groups and wait my turn every hole , it takes about 3 hours to play a round of 18 holes.
Hines drive in North East Michigan, i beleive its in either Northville of Canton is a nice 18 hole course, but don't even think about trying to head out there on a weekend after 10am, you'll be waiting 15-30 min per hole. The course is always packed and the thing that gets on my nerves is that it is not well maintained. Hole 9 , the last time i went had at least 5 downed trees within 30' of the tee pad... disapointing to say the least. If they maintained the course and i could manage to get up early on a sunday i'd go throw there and throw. i live 20 min from the course but choose to either play at The Ponds of Lakeshore of the short 9 hole course at Palmer and Sheldon, sorry can't remember the name of it...

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968