www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I realized today that I had gotten the chance to go out and play 3 times this week.  I only took the time to notice this because I was showing slight symptoms of withdrawal today when I didn't get to go out this morning.

How often do you usually get to go out and play at least 9 holes?

Tags: 9, Disc, golf, holes, round, throw

Views: 225

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All I really do anymore is practice. I don't want to ingrain my brain with only specific types of shots and or flight lines on the golf course. I used to practice on the course alot. Woops...don't do that any more. If I ever do practice on the course I'm getting ready for a round.

I get out and play 18 (9-twice through) just about everyday at my local course. I have been doing this for the past 8 years. The course is mostly open terrain, well groomed, and a few trees. It takes about 1 hour to play 18. I consider it my daily exercise. I play in extreme cold, snow, ice, etc. This recent heat wave has stopped me for the past few days however. I prefer temperatures in the 50's-60's.

I prefer to play early mornings before the slow-poke's show up.

My wife goes to the gym to exercise, I have her convinced that my daily disc golf is essential for my health (doctor's orders lol) therefore she never complains when I hit the course.

I use a pull cart when I go to longer courses, I find it exhausting to carry 20+ discs now that I have gotten older. When I carry a bag, it's typically got 12 discs, in wintertime I back it down to 6-8 due to the extra physical effort of trudging through snow. I am 56 and hopefully I'll continue to play for several more years. I can't imagine having to quit playing, it's a daily ritual for me.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968