www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

3.....2......1......type

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well we have about 2ft of snow right now so never. without snow maybe 1-3% of all throws depending on the course, most are touch rollers to get out of trouble or minimize risk on tough approaches out of,through or into dense trees.

I used to flick (forehand) 95% of my game. Well after destroying my shoulder, I can no longer even make that motion so I have had to learn and develop my backhand game. I have always had nice comfortable "approach or upshots with the backhand but can not get any real distance with it. Well, I have learned, on open holes or holes where I can "control the roll", I will use a roller and it adds roughly 60 more feet then my regualr backhand drives. I roll with a r-pro aviar mostly (my favorite roller). I mostly would use these roolers for drives but have used short controlled roolers to get out of tight spots as well. Its good to learn to add to your bag of tricks!  

All the time. Depending on the course, two or three times a round. The roller can be used to add distance or get under canopies. Backhand or sidearm as the need arises.

Do you mean on purpose?

I use quite a few forehand rollers. Not every round but there is one hole where I like to break it out. The shot has been a bit off as of late however.

Not ever really, but I'd like to learn.  I understand the concept I just need to practice the shot.  I'll have to wait till spring though)

Woods, 2-3 get out a trouble rollers on avg, now I would hope for 0 but im not that good yet. Open, 1-2 depending on course and wind.

depends on the course ,  anywhere from 0-5 times a round,   I do a lefty flick roll,  i dont have the backhand roll down yet,  but i throw bhrh and roll forehand lh.   so it is a good shot to have in my bag.  

my question is what disc does everyone use to roll.  and are you doing a backhand roll or a forehand roll

I use a max weight star boss.  for rolling.

There is a hole on our local course that I always roll in the non-snowy months.  People think I'm crazy because it is on a 425' hole where there is water on the left and right and the fairway is only about 100' wide.  I tell them it's my safe shot, but they don't believe me.  I see people hyzer into the river or turn it over into the lake, but I have NEVER thrown a roller into either body of water.  ... what I omitted is that there is a big berm that blocks the lake on the right and is level with the tee.  The left side of the fairway drops down 20' and is then flat to the river's edge.  So I throw a distance roller down the hill to the low area on the left and I always get my valk to turn over enough to turn into the hill and die out.  I'm often putting with that throw.  The river also has a lot of bushes that would stop a roller going in that way.

Other than that I use them for D when it's wide open or low ceiling after the tee.  I also have a few short trick rollers that get me out of trouble.  It's easier to get them on line in the woods sometimes.

Answer:  It depends.  Usually at least once a round (on our course)   On other courses, mostly never, but I always relish the opportunity when it arises.

My best rollers are still unintentional, it has to be pretty open for me to throw a roller, unless its a forehand outa trouble shot. usually 1 per round

once or twice a round for me

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968