www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Here's my predicament. While shooting a few (horrible) rounds at Yulga this last week, I managed to end my ten year streak of being poison ivy free. It's a very mild case, so I can live with it. The problem here is, if it got on me, then it likely got on my bag. Probably my discs as well.

Washing my discs is no issue (Spic N Span cleans 'em up really well, BTW). However, I'd like to know the best way to wash my bag so that I can avoid getting another poison ivy rash. I assume I could just throw it in the washing machine on a gentle cycle.

At this point, that's what I plan on doing, unless anyone knows of a reason why this wouldn't be a good idea. Otherwise, I'm open to any alternative suggestions.

Thanks, folks!

Tags: bags, discs, ivy, poison, wash

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ive got a shutup and throw bag, I dropped my hot ravioli's all over it and now it has dryed tomatoe sause all over , I guess I'll try the washer machine like you said

I have a few different bags, but the one in question is a Lightning Large bag... Just like this one...
I'm just going with your idea. If I ruin it, no biggie. Thanks Hallie!
Also add some Technu in the wash. It won't mess with the bag at all. One other note. Did you know the oil does not react on the palms of the hand? So be carefull and Technu the hands good. Cracks me up sometimes, people will scratch their head (no pun intended) and wonder how did the ivy/oak get their??? I know there are other ways to trans it, but that's one most people miss. I know, I found out the hard way!
Peace!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968