www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

About this same time last year I hurt my back very badly while playing disc golf. I was stupid and kept playing when I should have stopped. I had to take two weeks off and I could only putt.

Well it's happened again. At least I think I didn't do it while playing DG, although it may be possible.

I say that because I started throwing with a run up three weeks ago. I am getting amazing results and much lower scores as some holes are now much more likely to get pars or even birdies on that before were untouchable for me.

This may have been what has lead to this current injury. But what really sucks is that the final straw was bending over after a shower to get some underwear and socks. I don't know exactly, but that was the last straw for my back.

It's frustrating as I have been playing better than I ever have.

Anyone else out there having back problems, and dealing better with it than I? I go to the chiropractor in a few hours, but I am hoping I do not have to modify my new throw.

I wish I could video tape it, but I have a crappy connection, but a good player in my group last week said the only thing I really needed to work on was to not swing my front foot so much on my final step.

Tags: injuries

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hurt my back in kind of the same type of situation and just rested as much as possible (didn't play for 2 weeks!) took lots of naproxin and ibuprofen and was good as new after the third week.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968