www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Whenever I want the most distance, I make sure the disc stays low, and just makes a smooth and small S curve.  On a good day I'll get my NUKE about 400'.  Whenever I see the pros throw for distance they are throwing way in the air with a huge anhyzer.  I can see the idea behind it because it picks up speed while anhyzering, but whenever I try the disc never goes as far as my low shot.  Is there something else to this that I am possibly missing? 

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yea, i've wondered the same, because when i've tried the sky anhyzer to maximize the s-curve, i end up with a Stall shot. i'm thinking we don't have near the spin put on the disc, meaning snap.
I know what you mean. When I do get enough snap for it. I get a long anhyzer, but it still does not go as far as a low straight shot.
I'm exactly the same, but I think it is the sychronization of our hip snap and the snap of our arm that will be able to get us there eventually. I think just practice and building up snap will get you that far.
I would say I am different then both. I throw a Hyzer into the air at about 20 to 30 degree angle up let the disc flip flat then anny then come back towards the end of the flight. Probably not the best way but I can get more power into a hyzer then and anny.
I read this article (discgolfreview?) about gaining height and distance. The possible difference is. They are (pros) accually hyzer flipping their discs and just have way more spin, so they get a nice high bombing helix. The article talks about the fact that a disc released on a hyzer angle will continue to climb in height until it flattens out or turns over. So chances are the pros are not starting their discs with an anny angle.

P.S. If you haven't beent to the above site. It has some great articles.
The world record for distance was broken with a DX valk. If its a huge high flex shot that you want, use a fast understable driver or a very broken-in overstable driver(one that flips when you throw low). Most people, even most average open players, are in the same boat as you. I am there with ya. A low 400 ftr is a great drive.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968