www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hello my friends its been awhile since I have been on. Ive been busy, I ran and Ice Bowl (first time TD) and I think i did a really good job. I also unfortunately got a divorce. My ex says that we were just growing into different people (ie: I am very sporty and outdoorsy - She is very artsy) and that she wanted something/one else. I tried to make it work, but you cant change who you are for someone else.

So I am back out looking to share some of my time with a female and was wondering what is the best way to find a woman who plays this great game? I saw a couple playing over the weekend and I would love to share something that I am so passionate about with someone else.

Pics of my tournament will be up soon, so please check them out.

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Haha... he was a Michigander. Maybe that's why.

Born A Buckeye said:
thx rob thats probably the best way.

Sounds like a jerk jane. You should pick em better. But Michigan should pick better players too! LOLOLOLLOLOLOL
Hey! I fit that description! LOL. Revolution Dual Pack, Mostly Innova but a few Discraft, and sorry... Gateway putters. Oooh. Haha.

Jamie 'gr8rocshot' Ruane said:

I don't know...but could this be an invitation to the DGRUS "Personals"

I can see it now.... DWM seeking SWF with Revolution bag and Innova Discs....Some Discraft OK!!!

...Send picture of bag!!!
What a great idea!!!

Get on it Terry!
now that was funny

Jamie 'gr8rocshot' Ruane said:
Chainz-4-Brainz said:
Where's the best place to find one? Not on the internet. Out on the course. Go get 'em, Tiger. LOL

I don't know...but could this be an invitation to the DGRUS "Personals"

I can see it now.... DWM seeking SWF with Revolution bag and Innova Discs....Some Discraft OK!!!

...Send picture of bag!!!
I agree with those that say find a girl and then take her disc golfing. Look for someone athletic who has played organized sports or an outdoorsy type that enjoys hiking or camping. Girls who won't/don't camp probably won't be into disc golf either. Look for a girl who is not afraid to get her fingernails chipped and dirty. The high maintenance type that wears lots of makeup, fancy hairdos, expensive shoes and purses are probably not going to go for it.
I guess I am going to be trying to find an athletic girl. I really wish I was in some of these states that have these disc golfing ladies... ga sux.
dude, just go out and golf, and be yourself. i met a girl and dated her for a year. i got her into disc golf and i think she wanted to play more than i did sometimes. she hurt her arm one time and couldnt throw right handed. she HAD to throw. she taught herself to throw left-handed and i taught her through it. i see her sometimes at the course and im proud to say that i taught her everything she knows, its a beautiful thing to be able to share our passion. she ended up being able to throw about 300 feet, i did good i think. its not easy to find someone of the opposite sex that is obsessed with disc golf like we are, but i bid you good hunting and good hucking!
Your best chances of gettin together with a disc golf lady will be through conversion... as everyone else has said. Single disc golf chicks are far and few... they do exist though.....
I would say be yourself. Look for a girl who likes the outdoors- and does not get her nails done. Trying to convert a high manitenance female will NEVER work. I have tried to convert female friends of mine with the hopes that they would get hooked and later on down the line I would have a bigger division. Doesnt work.
It's not always that easy to find somethin when you are lookin for it... I say sit back, relax, throw some discs, and hopefully cupid will find you on the course when you least expect it. However, I am the last person to take relationship advice from... I clearly know nothing about them.
I think you were the TD for the JP Moseley tournament this past weekend? I was there with my girlfriend. We were the ones throwing the zephyer around on the baseball field during lunch. I think the key to finding a girlfriend that will play with you is just finding someone that enjoys spending time with you and open minded to trying new things. My girlfriend never had played before we dated, but she enjoys spending time with me so she played and found out that she liked it. I think i got really lucky.
Zephyr!!! Yes! Have you tried the new Super Class yet? Chuck Kennedy started it in the last couple months and he is hosting the first ever super class league all over the Twin City (MN) metro area! Weekly results get posted on the PDGA events pages as it is a sanctioned league and we get a separate super class rating from our dg rating. I LOVE it. It's an easy way to introduce beginners to DG. Anyone can throw a Zephyr relatively easy. If you haven't done it, try hitting your local course with your zephyr Chris.

Chris said:
I think you were the TD for the JP Moseley tournament this past weekend? I was there with my girlfriend. We were the ones throwing the zephyer around on the baseball field during lunch. I think the key to finding a girlfriend that will play with you is just finding someone that enjoys spending time with you and open minded to trying new things. My girlfriend never had played before we dated, but she enjoys spending time with me so she played and found out that she liked it. I think i got really lucky.
I know this sport is amazing and all but you shouldn't limit your search to just Disc Golf. Check out the walking track or local ladies softball field. Then (knowing she likes sports) you can introduce her to the sport if she has never played it. When you find a lady that likes being around you it really doesn't matter what you or her does. Just so long as you make her happy and vise versa. Anyway good luck on the lady front. Just remember looks fade and compassion care and the ability to cook never do. EVERYBODY GETS UGLY.
I would try to find a woman who will understand your passion for the sport and be willing to go out and watch or play with you and support you. Trying to find a woman who plays...that might be being too picky and wouldn't necessarily pay off. What if she expects you to stop playing when she stops playing in 10 years because of the kids? I tell my wife so much about my disc golf life I have no idea how she handles it sometimes! The other day she surprised me with some disc golf knowledge I had never told her about (forgot what it was exactly). I asked how her the hell she knew that and she told me she researches things I like online (like disc golf which I like the most of course) so she can relate to me and understand more about it!!! Probably the coolest thing I've ever heard.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968