www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been a Discraft user but recently filled the bag with Innova. Today I finally finished the collection with a 174 KC Pro ROC.
From looking at the specs (4,4,0,3) I figured it would be a stable straight flight with a nice fade at the end. But when I threw it for my tee shot on a 270 foot hole it totally flipped anny and dived to the ground. (I released it flat with a medium height). It happened again on two other shots. There was a slight breeze form the left and I throw RHBH.
My ESP Buzz would stay pretty flat when thrown the same way. Is there a "secret" to throwing the ROC or does it tend to play more like 4,4,-2,0 ?
Thanks!!

Views: 649

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are some clubs selling "flat top rocs" made by passing a DX roc through the full color stamping machine with a normal foil stamp applied. SDGC I think the one with the route 66 teebirds has them, and I ordered some. They are dinner plate flat and fly really, really nice.

http://discgolfclub.org/proshop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath...
Wow those are awesome.. I have been ordering glow rocs to get a pretty flat disc but I need to try one of those special flat tops.
I just bought one, too good to pass up.
I love the mako. One more again, I love the Mako. It's fun to throw, but it pretty much overlaps what I can do with any of my putters in the pile at home.
Flat Hyzer with Dx Plastic . Also , Slight turn with Super Roc works best.
One more thought The Rubber wood Rancho is really flat, but the RW is a soft material, any way what used to be $25 as a limited release is $10.95 + shipping right now. Really low price on a pretty cool Roc, everyone I have seen has been super flat as well.

https://www.discgolfvalues.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&pro...
How do they compare to glow rocs?
They are as flat or flatter, of course glow is pretty firm at first and the RW is not as far as how they feel in hand. Flight wise I think they are a touch more stable at first but beat in relatively quickly. probably the fastest wear in period of all the materials, and they do smell of sawdust so doubles as a golf bag freshener lol.
This is a trick question/answer.
I am a right hand back hand.....
There are several ways to throw a mid-range by adjusting the grip from control to power type grips. I get more stability when I fan a control grip but I get less distance and more fade. If I use a power grip I need to keep the disc edge down and snap it flat for power, distance a a straight flight. IMO it does play like the factory rating states in using a less powerful control drive. Use a power grip and it is more like -1 turn with a +3 fade
Well, I can pretty much stop figuring out what this disc was supposed to do. It is now in my brothers bag:) Thank goodness for my Buzzz.
don't drink the kool-aid discraft makes the best most predicable discs. the problum you just mentioned is why innova sux I had a roc that threw great lost it bought a identical one to replace it and it flew completly differnt. I never had that prob with discraft

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968