www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been a Discraft user but recently filled the bag with Innova. Today I finally finished the collection with a 174 KC Pro ROC.
From looking at the specs (4,4,0,3) I figured it would be a stable straight flight with a nice fade at the end. But when I threw it for my tee shot on a 270 foot hole it totally flipped anny and dived to the ground. (I released it flat with a medium height). It happened again on two other shots. There was a slight breeze form the left and I throw RHBH.
My ESP Buzz would stay pretty flat when thrown the same way. Is there a "secret" to throwing the ROC or does it tend to play more like 4,4,-2,0 ?
Thanks!!

Views: 668

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank goodness Jim did not ask how to throw his MRV. That discussion might go on seemingly forever.
As others have said, I would try a 180g. Also, I always find the ontario roc (KC Pro) to be a little too understable for me. I throw Star and Glow 180s and they're my favorite driver for tight lines. Those are the rancho hold however.
Isn't that a SUV made by Honda? ;)~
I hadn't thrown a KC Roc in 3-4 years, used to find it useless. Tried another one this week just for the heck of it, and I still find it useless! It's not just you.
Well I gave in to the peer pressure of my playing buddies and went to the Innova side. However I can't find a better midrange than my ESP and Z Buzzz. Therefore the Buzzz will stay in the bag!
I guess it wasn't as much as how to throw it, but more about what it's supposed to do. The ratings didn't match the flight (at least not for me). My Discraft will stay in the bag, just have to hide it in between the other stuff so my practice buddies leave me alone. Or move out your way and come out of the "Discraft Closet" :)
Rancho mold, not hold..
i never made my peace with rocs either
You get a flat top DX roc. You get it nice ans beat in. Cut's and gashes are a good thing. Then you throw a RHBH roller with it. Nothing works better for 200 feet minus shots. That is how I throw a ROC. Everything else is discraft as far as mids go. I throw mostly innova drivers however.
just put my bag together again...It's Discraft mids also (Buzzz, Comet, Drone) and Innova Fairway and long drivers also (Valks, Roadrunner, Eagle, TL, Leopard, Destroyer). But I am going to use a Mako, its pretty darn straight.
Find Smitty and beg him to teach you. This guy can throw rocs almost 400'... no kidding!

On a serious note; I started with MRV's, graduated to buzz's when they came out. This year I started going to all the leagues around Ann Arbor (best leagues around, imo.) and one of the leagues I started attending was bandemer glow doubles league. I ordered a 180 DX Glow Roc. This thing was flat as a dinner plate, and every bit of 180. I'd trade 5 discs for it back, lost it at kensington sunday doubles over the summer. It just held a line soooo well. Doesn't hurt I aced #1 @ Cass benton with it, first throw of the day!
In my experience Heavy flat rocs are the best midrange, period. For me it took 6-7 years of experience to learn the release angles...(with a roc) a slight curling of the wrist doesn't hurt.. Find yourself a similar dinner plate flat 180 glow dx roc and try it!
edit: (i throw a heavy buzz atm, don't have a flat champ roc yet!)
hyzer flip it at about 60 degrees. it'll line out and soar straight.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968