www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Our new league stats ina couple of weeks and I have an idea to award a trophy to the player who improves most throughout the 10 week league period.  I know I can look at a players average and determine it from that  but how do I get a starting number?  Someone give me a hand with this so that i can discourage baggers.  I was thinking about recording the first 2 or 3 scores, taking the average, then subtracting that average from the average at the end of the league.  But won't players try to suck the first 2 games then play their best after?  Or is the trophy to trivial a prize to sandbag over?  Thanks guys, you've helped so much in the past.

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can try what the PDGA does with ratings. When the league play is finished, throw out 2-3 of the lowest rounds and than figure out your winner. That way it really does not matter if some has thrown a round or two because those rounds will be thrown out anyway. I hope this helps. Peace and good luck!!!
Discgolfscene is Sick! You input the scores, it does a lot of the math for you.
well, you can not tell them and just award it.
I was thinking the same thing. If they don't know they are getting an award, there is no way for them to sandbag. All Day Corey makes a great point as well. Perhaps you should use his advice on top of keeping the trophy a secret.
Thank you very much for the fast responses. I think what I will do is Inform members of the most improved player trophy to help motivate people to continue to play a round well even if they are sure to lose the round BUT, i will also inform them that their lowest 2 scores will be dropped from the equation thus making a player have to throw 3 whole games before they can get a bad score in. if they STILL want to sandbag after that for a lowsy trophy then i guess they did a good job of it.
Thanks again very much guys. I had a successful first league season with the help of people on this forum.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968