www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Should the PDGA limit how many divisions you can skip according to your rating? I play up one division up, I'm rated 925 and play advanced. We have a guy that is a 884 that plays in the advanced division. It sounds harmless until he's on your card the first round.I don't want to play with rec. players in the advanced division, like the pro's don't want to play with intermediate players in the pro division. What is the point of the player ratings if you can play any division you want.You can't play down two divisions, why can you play up?

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What a joke, just give it a rest eh.

I mean really, are you gods natural gift to this sport or what?

This is a rediculous post and as far as Im concerned, the only person in the wrong here is someone who considers themself a WORLD CLASS discgolfer but cant seem to accept that people that are not as good and are playing in a tourney with him.

Go COMPETE with other WORLD CLASS discgolfers then if your so damn good.

I rest my case.
This has been pretty informative. Thanks for opening it up. Personally I don't think I would ever have the brass to jump two divisions. Mostly because I would assume that I would be in the deep rough more than the other players on my card and would be slowing things down. That said, I think I would be will to play one division higher than my ranking just for the golf lessons I would have a chance to learn. I suspect that would be the fastest way to learn.

As far as whether PDGA should impose a rule, why not ask them? They have a discussion group there and this would fit right in with one of their topics.
i think it's great to bump up,golfing with better golfers will ultimately make you better.
The worst is always looking for that persons disc!that gets old fast picker bushes, poisen ivy because somebody cant throw.What are you gonna do stroke someone that just threw there disc farther to right then down the fairwway?

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968