www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I played Hudson Mills yesterday with a couple friends and we lost three discs in the snow. Looks like we should have waited a day to play, but on the plus side, I think they'll be found easily and soon. In any case, the discs and locations are listed below. If you find them, please get in touch with me (Colin) at colinmcintyre@gmail.com or 734-255-5477 - we'd love to get them back. Thanks.

-Colin

Yellow/Orange Discraft Stratus (elite or pro-D plastic) Original Course, hole 4. 240-280 feet from the short tee and off right of the fairway. No contact info on it, unfortunately.

Orange Discraft Z-Xtra. Original, hole 9. in the woods on the right, probably 30* off the fairway. Clearly marked "Colin McIntyre, colinmci@umich.edu, 734-255-5477"

Yellow/Orange Discraft XL (elite or pro-D plastic) Original course, hole 10. Probably past the hole or in the 11 to 4 O'Clock range, with the basket as the center of the "clock." No contact info.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well the moral of this story is if you want your discs back put your name on them and maybe a phone number
Lost two out there this morning myself. My name and number are on both, and I'm hoping for a call. Deep, wet snow out there today.
Colin,

This time of year it is good to have a spotter. Even then, if the spotter is not paying attention....whoops. Spotter down...spotter down. Make sure that the spotter is not suffering from old timers. That's the person you send out to spot, and he hunts for his own disc and misses the other throws. I resemble that statement/
Garrett, I want my disc back and I "clearly marked" it with my name, number and e-mail on the back of it and posted in the Lost & Found section. While I was at it, I asked about my friend's discs. Maybe I'm taking your comment the wrong way - it came off snarky.

Schortie, I'm planning to head out tomorrow to play the Original course. I'll take a look for yours, if you drop me a line with rough locations.

Garrett Graham said:
Well the moral of this story is if you want your discs back put your name on them and maybe a phone number
hey u folks playing in the snow ........ go to your mother's christmas ribbon box and get a 1/4" x 5' red ribbon and tape it to the very middle of the bottom of your disc use duct tape, then throw it, then u can find it lets use our brains out there
Colin McIntyre said:
Garrett, I want my disc back and I "clearly marked" it with my name, number and e-mail on the back of it and posted in the Lost & Found section. While I was at it, I asked about my friend's discs. Maybe I'm taking your comment the wrong way - it came off snarky.

Schortie, I'm planning to head out tomorrow to play the Original course. I'll take a look for yours, if you drop me a line with rough locations.

Garrett Graham said:
Sounds like Colin had his marked. As for the friend(s) well who knows. Spotters are great but on an open hole it can still be hard to cover a 300-400' fairway. As for people that think ribbon is the answer, it is only as good as the tape and snow conditions. I know from experience, I have seen ribbon fall off, discs submarine into the snow and can be 10" under the snow 20' from where they entered, hope you have a 21' ribbon taped on. Playing in the snow is risky, I never use ribbons and seldomly use spotters, and have lost zero discs in 6 winters. Bottom line, they lost three discs and are reaching out for people in the local area to keep an eye out if they see them. If you lost a disc in the water do you want someone to tell you that you should have thrown a floating disc?

Colin, I'm sure you will get your disc back, hopefully you will also get the others. People who play here year round are usually pretty good about finding the rightful owner. Hell, today there was a post about lost discs at Cass Benton except they did have names and I looked them up on another DG site and sent them a message with the guys # that found them. In the future just make sure you friends also sharpie on their names and #'s, a post on here is also a great idea, there have been several this winter already, a few of which did get other people helping track them down.
Thanks very much to Dr. Steve and his group for finding all three discs and to Dr. Steve for calling me up. We were able to keep karma in balance, finding the owner of a lost disc we found. A lot of the snow is melted now, so it's much easier to find discs. With that in mind, if anyone finds the blue Innova Cobra I lost to the right of hole 3 today, give a holler. My contact info is on there and there should be a 21 foot piece of ribbon attached to it. ;)

Colin
Glad you got your discs back. I had a feeling they would not be missing long. Good people out there at the Mills.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968