www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been lookin at Innovas Distance Drivers, for a disc that will get me a huge hyzer in the open grass (although trees dont necessarily matter).  Preferably Pro, or Star plastic.

These discs caught my eye

Boss (13,5,-1,3) : Smack dab in the middle of the Flight C chart. Lots of speed.  Seems great, but what about the Turn at -1? Will that take away from the huge hyzer im lookin for?

Katana (13,5,-3,3) : I used to own a Katana, but gave up on it because it had just came out and I didn't know much about it.  Now that I think about it I really wish i still had it because I know i could rip one very far.  Although I have never owned a Boss, I'm aware that both discs have very wide rims does this help with bigger hyzers?  And again, what about the Turn at -3?  Will this pull away from a hyzer?

Destroyer (12,5,-1,3) : Obviously a good disc.  The physical characteristic appeal to me because the rim is not so broad.  Seems like a go to disc dealing with hyzers.  Probably my number one pick

Firebird (9,3,0,4) : Not very much speed, but the turn and fade seem to add up to make one believe this disc will put out a huge hyzer.

Beast (10,5,-2,2) : I own a 174g Beast, seems to me like i could pull off a nice hyzer, but the flight characteristics dont add up..which is why I'm looking elsewhere.

Any suggestions on these five discs would be great

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HYZER

Star TeeBird is a great hyzer disc. Brandon is correct that you don't need an overstable disc to hyzer. It is more about the line. Put a Star TeeBird on a line and it will track the line, especially a hyzer line. That is how I got my last ace. A pure hyzer bomb with a Star TeeBird.

Thanks dude.  Learned a lot from that.  Your right about not necessarily needing a over stable disc to create a hyzer shot, as it will just decent too quickly.  One thing im wondering, is about the beast.  Its not too over or under stable, it seems just right for the hyzer im looking for.

very nice.

the firebird would be a good choice for hyzers, but it all depends on how much power/control you have. with ultimate control you could hyzer any of these discs, but too much power could turn any of these over. another disc to look into is the max, its overstable and higher in speed than the firebird a great disc for long hyzer shots...

Have you tried one?  How far is an average drive for you?  It'd probably work fine unless you really have a canon of an arm (400'+).  In a headwind the Beast will probably flip up too much.  Then again in a strong headwind, almost anything will flip up too much and you have to adjust your release.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968