www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have never used one and so do not know what to look for. But I want one for doing window stickers, signs for my rigs and last and for sure not least dyeing disc's.

If any one has one and wants to sell it or knows where I can get one... or know what I should get and what I should stay away from and and and and... ect.

Tags: cutter, dye, dyes, dying, plotter, stickers, vinly

Views: 133

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ebay, google it

Don't go extra cheap, you get what you pay for.

Uscutter.com. again don't go uber cheap. They have awesome customer service.
the thing is is that its not the plotter itself but its the program to run it yeah ya get the basic things with the novice but then ya have to pay like another 150 to upgrade to the next level , i have the vinyl express r series n dont get me wrong love it , paid like 300 from uscutters on ebay well worth it , i mainly got tired of of trying to cut stencils out of contact paper , wasnt working for me , like i said its the other stuff , vinyl which u can get at a decent price , masking tape or masking film ( paper) tools to apply , not to mention the key ingredient dye which isnt that expensive but never the less cost money , u get what ya pay for

I called uscutter and after talking with them the said I should get a Copam CP Series Vinyl Cutter cost is $749.99 plus shipping so just over $800

Not sure if this is more then I need... would be nice to be just a bit cheaper

If it is easier to set up than the one I have.... Yes.  I got the Gold Cut.  It took me 1 roll of vinyl and about a week later to get to cut right.  when i switch vinyl it usually takes about a yard of vinyl to get cutting properly now

So for you guys that know about plotters.... Is this Copam CP something I should get? Or is there something else that might be better?
Reading up on this cutter I am going to say at this time (being your first machine) its probably over kill. I would recommend the gold cut. I would be more than happy to help you get it running. Yes it took me some time but you can benefit from my mistakes. I just recently changed vinyl ( since my last post) and I didn't waste really any vinyl to speak of. I would really hate to see you spend that much money on a cutter when the gold cut can do practically the same for less. Yes the gold cut is loud ( most cutters are) and it don't cut as fast ( I found cutting slow works better).

Is this what you have? Can you send me a link to the Gold cut?

I own Rip Disc Golf and have my own brand of disc's.... so I may not use it a ton right at first, but as my company picks up I'll use it more and more, so I do want to make sure that I only have to buy it once... Meaning I want the right one the first time.

Well looks like they might have discontinued the plotter. I don't recommend any of the value cutters that they have on their site at this time. The one you are looking at should last you a long time. A 24" machine is more than capable of cutting 2 stencils at once ( side by side). I would also recommend a stand. Not only are these cutters a little big for a desk but the stand helps with grounding. I don't know as much about this machine but still should be able to help in anyway possible. Besides the plotter your also going to need a design program. I recommend Adobe illustrator. You can cut right from this program and its relatively easy to find tutorials on youtube.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968