www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am taking a flight to Phoenix and am bringing my bag....do i have to check it?

Taking a trip to visit family before Christmas and am bring my discs to throw. Has anyone flown with their bag on here? Do i have to check the bag or can i carry it on the plane? Thanks in advance!

Tony

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I always carry mine on. I had it put it in another bag one time and it got hung up. It put a hole in both bags and my disc golf bag was a month old. I had to waste about two months of arguing to get a check for the full price of the bag. They tried to take off for wear and tear and I had only used it twice. Since then it is always a carry on....
Carry it on !
I have done it. It is always great to see one security personnel go "Is this considered a weapon?" And then watch the second one go "no its frisbee golf you throw them".
Ninja discs?
I guess you could tomahawk the heck out of a hijacker! But what would be better an understable or an overstable disc?
dont give the FAA any ideas... lol.... might loose the ability to bring our discs with us on a plane
Jim,
Your fastest driver with the sharpest edge!
but, knowing how accurate my tomahawks are, i may end up knocking the passengers out! Maybe I will just throw my bag full of discs at them instead:)
I fly several times each year. I always pack my discs in checked baggage. I also always get a little slip of paper in that bag saying that TSA inspected that bag. It is pretty safe to say, if you fly with discs, security will want to inspect.
I traveled a lot last summer, flying to 6 or 7 different cities over so many weeks and I just tossed a few (6-7) discs into the pockets of my carry on. I wasn't going to play in any tournaments and I also knew I was only going to play 1-2 times a week at best, so this worked perfectly. Definitely do NOT check them, especially your whole bag, I'd rather be in a random city with my discs having lost all my socks, underwear, shirts, and pants than vice versa.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968