www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am taking a flight to Phoenix and am bringing my bag....do i have to check it?

Taking a trip to visit family before Christmas and am bring my discs to throw. Has anyone flown with their bag on here? Do i have to check the bag or can i carry it on the plane? Thanks in advance!

Tony

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I always carry mine on. I had it put it in another bag one time and it got hung up. It put a hole in both bags and my disc golf bag was a month old. I had to waste about two months of arguing to get a check for the full price of the bag. They tried to take off for wear and tear and I had only used it twice. Since then it is always a carry on....
Carry it on !
I have done it. It is always great to see one security personnel go "Is this considered a weapon?" And then watch the second one go "no its frisbee golf you throw them".
Ninja discs?
I guess you could tomahawk the heck out of a hijacker! But what would be better an understable or an overstable disc?
dont give the FAA any ideas... lol.... might loose the ability to bring our discs with us on a plane
Jim,
Your fastest driver with the sharpest edge!
but, knowing how accurate my tomahawks are, i may end up knocking the passengers out! Maybe I will just throw my bag full of discs at them instead:)
I fly several times each year. I always pack my discs in checked baggage. I also always get a little slip of paper in that bag saying that TSA inspected that bag. It is pretty safe to say, if you fly with discs, security will want to inspect.
I traveled a lot last summer, flying to 6 or 7 different cities over so many weeks and I just tossed a few (6-7) discs into the pockets of my carry on. I wasn't going to play in any tournaments and I also knew I was only going to play 1-2 times a week at best, so this worked perfectly. Definitely do NOT check them, especially your whole bag, I'd rather be in a random city with my discs having lost all my socks, underwear, shirts, and pants than vice versa.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968