www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am taking a flight to Phoenix and am bringing my bag....do i have to check it?

Taking a trip to visit family before Christmas and am bring my discs to throw. Has anyone flown with their bag on here? Do i have to check the bag or can i carry it on the plane? Thanks in advance!

Tony

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have flown on several different airlines and have never checked my bag. I don't trust the airlines enough to let my tournament bag out of my sight.
I agree! I have taken my bag on several flights a a carry-on. Just be ready for the X-ray scanner operator to ask what is in your bag. Double check your bag to make sure you don't leave some in your bag that on the forbidden list.
you mean like a bag of weed LOL J/K disc golfers would never do that LOL, the olny way you would have to check it is if its so big it wouldn't fit in the overhead or under your seat. to date I don't think they make bags that big so you are good to go.
Carry it on.
Never let baggage handlers near it.

I always carry on my discs. I also take discs that aren't in regular rotation in my tourney bag so that I can practice with them. I take about 7-9 discs in a small Ching bag that fits inside my carry on bag that has the rest of my delicate job equipment in it.

Like Peter said, you will probably be asked what those discs are by the TSA employees. Always a good conversation starter!
My Innova Tournament bag fit in the overhead.
It is a little big, but it squishes to the required size in the clear tester box at the airport.
At Tampa international they have a clear box that you can test your carry-on luggage to see if it is small enough.
If it does not fit into the box, you must check it...if it fits, you can carry it on.
The box is way smaller than the overhead compartment on the airplane, so everything will fit good.
The Worlds Biggest Disc Golf Store is just over an hour away from Disney World and about 20 minutes away from Tampa International. People have taken a taxi to the store on a short layover to grab discs from over 40,000 selections!!!
Put all your discs in a duffel bag to carry on then break your bag down and fold it up enough to cram into a suitcase.
LMAO
If you are maxed out on carry ons, and since you are not going to a tournament, you could pack your discs, but don't pack anything that you don't want to lose.

If you have carry-on room, then definitely carry them on.
The only disc golf related item that has caused them to hand search my bag was a weighted mini. Apparently the barium used as a weighting agent shows up metallic on their scanner.
I would hazard a guess that you have never traveled with a bag of Midnight Flyers. The bag always got inspected.
one carry on plus your disc bag should be ok.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968